account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Any chance on a Style Cover Touch for the Compact?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Any chance on a Style Cover Touch for the Compact?

It's not mentioned on the Compact Accessories page ...

Only the stand version is listed.

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/style-cover-touch-sctg50/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Re: Any chance on a Style Cover Touch for the Compact?

Hello again everyone!

I have now received some more information now regarding a Style Cover Touch for the Xperia XZ1 Compact.

At present there is no plan to release a Style Cover Touch for Xperia™ XZ1 Compact.

I will of course forward all your feedback internally.

@XprncD, I will gladly forward this information. However I want to be sure that I understand exactly what you are looking for.

Do I understand correctly that you are interested in some kind of TPU case? Like a transparent "case" that will cover the back panel of the phone and covers the frame of the phone?

You can always have a look in the Xperia eStore, if it is available in your market. There are usually some other cases/covers from other brands that are made especially for our devices available there and hopefully you find something that you are interested in! Slightly smiling Face

You can find the Xperia eStore on the link below, just go trough the list of countries and press on the one where you live (if available).

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/shop/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Hi @rindert, welcome to our forum!

I will see if I can get some information on if there will be a Style Cover Touch for the Xperia XZ1 Compact and I will get back to you as soon as I have received it! Slightly smiling Face

Thanks a lot for your question and have a great weekend!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@Jonas wrote:
I will see if I can get some information on if there will be a Style Cover Touch for the Xperia XZ1 Compact 

Can you also suggest that some of us want an official Sony rubberised "barely there" case for our devices please.

Adviser
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@Jonas

Any news on this one already?

Phone starts selling in a few days here and the SCT would be perfect...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hello again everyone!

I have now received some more information now regarding a Style Cover Touch for the Xperia XZ1 Compact.

At present there is no plan to release a Style Cover Touch for Xperia™ XZ1 Compact.

I will of course forward all your feedback internally.

@XprncD, I will gladly forward this information. However I want to be sure that I understand exactly what you are looking for.

Do I understand correctly that you are interested in some kind of TPU case? Like a transparent "case" that will cover the back panel of the phone and covers the frame of the phone?

You can always have a look in the Xperia eStore, if it is available in your market. There are usually some other cases/covers from other brands that are made especially for our devices available there and hopefully you find something that you are interested in! Slightly smiling Face

You can find the Xperia eStore on the link below, just go trough the list of countries and press on the one where you live (if available).

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/shop/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@Jonas wrote:

No no no, I want a rubber coated hard case that is as minimalist as possible and Sony branded, TPU gel cases are tacky.

Thanks. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Hi again @XprncD, sorry that I misunderstood what type of case you are looking for.

I will make sure to forward this feedback internally and I'm fairly sure that other users are also interested in a case like this!

Thank you have and have a great weekend!

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@jonas

Something similar to the one I've been able to buy for my last few compacts...

DSC_0007.JPGX Compact Hard Case

...my X10, Arc and Ray all had rubberized battery covers and the ones for my compacts just give that extra bit of grip giving a more secure feeling in the hand and don't add too much bulk.

The one pictured above was only £5 from Amazon but the fit can be hit and miss so I'd be happy to pay twice as much for an official Sony product that's guaranteed to fit perfectly.

Thanks.

Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Hello everybody,

I have already possessed the Z3 Compact, currently have a Z5 in use and I would like to buy the XZ1 Compact. I have found the SmartStyle cover very well, cause always looking at the display was possible and the screen was protected. I am very interested in a smart style cover - for me this would certainly be a buying argument.

Smart Style Cover Z3 Compact

Smart Style Cover Z5 Compact

Smart Style Cover X Compact

Only Stand Cover for XZ1 Compact :-(

Kind regards

Sebastian

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I agree with everyone asking for a Touch Cover, it would be good to have one. Also an official rubberised hard cover, with the same colours as the phone, as asked by @XprncD; I found a good one on Amazon but they only come in black or other colours different from the phone's ones.