account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

Rookie
Message 21 of 46
Message 21 of 46

Re: Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

Same problem here

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 46
Message 22 of 46

@eaglegrip wrote:

I had issue with google pay also , also isses when playing online game I play every day!! This update is a nightmare why aren't Sony providing info about a fix when will it be ??????????

They don't provide any information on the fix itself. The only thing they do is to ask you to do a clean install and if that does not work, they ask you to send back the phone to them (warranty) and they will fix. I doubt they can... Most probably they will send a new device with Android Oreo, at least it won't render my warranty void, which is great, because the first thing that I'll do with the phone after I'll get it back is to sell as fast as I can and buy something with reliable updates.

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 46
Message 23 of 46

@Afura wrote:

Same problem here

If you still have warranty you can open a repair ticket and send it back to Sony. That's the only suggestion their tech support gave me.

It's quite disappointing, I've never ever had a phone in the last 20 years which I had to send back to the manufacturer due to a faulty software update provided by them.

Adept
Message 24 of 46
Message 24 of 46

Yeah, I can confirm that a clean install won't help you in any way. Pie is pure garbage.

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 46
Message 25 of 46

@Mehmeh wrote:

Yeah, I can confirm that a clean install won't help you in any way. Pie is pure garbage.

More specifically Sony's Android Pie release 47.2.A.6.30 is a garbage on XZ1 Compact. I'm sure there are several other mobile phone brands (Google, Samsung, etc...) with fully properly working Android Pie OS. I think it's Sony's fault that they have built and released an OS update without proper testing and as a result they rendered a major feature (NFC) of the phone void.

It's not a Pie issue, I'm pretty sure there are numerous phone out there with Android Pie working fine. It's a Sony issue.

Inhabitant
Message 26 of 46
Message 26 of 46

I hear you it's Sony definitely . They have to do something surely ???!!!!!!! A Sony tech adviser on here did acknowledge that there are some serious issues on Xz1  and Xz1 compact but all he said was get an update to fix it well where is it??? Am I missing something , is there a fix update they've put out there for all the people who own this phone? !!!!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 46
Message 27 of 46

Have to check if my phones still in warranty think it is but surely that's going to cost them alot more than if they just work out a way to give people an option to revert back to previous software ie Oreo !!!!! I know it's not something you can do on the phone normally but they could put a solution out there with an update you could do which could flash it or whatever needed to revert back !! Surely it can't be that hard and alot less hassle than thousands of people sending phones back to them!!!!! Hellooooooooooo!!!!!!

Inhabitant
Message 28 of 46
Message 28 of 46

@eaglegrip wrote:

I hear you it's Sony definitely . They have to do something surely ???!!!!!!! A Sony tech adviser on here did acknowledge that there are some serious issues on Xz1  and Xz1 compact but all he said was get an update to fix it well where is it??? Am I missing something , is there a fix update they've put out there for all the people who own this phone? !!!!

I don't think Sony has confirmed that it is a bug in their release. They handle these issues individually like everything was alright with their new release. Only thing you can do is to send back your device, and do whatever you want to do with the one they send back to you (I'll sell ASAP and buy something else, definitely not Sony).

Inhabitant
Message 29 of 46
Message 29 of 46

@eaglegrip wrote:

Have to check if my phones still in warranty think it is but surely that's going to cost them alot more than if they just work out a way to give people an option to revert back to previous software ie Oreo !!!!! I know it's not something you can do on the phone normally but they could put a solution out there with an update you could do which could flash it or whatever needed to revert back !! Surely it can't be that hard and alot less hassle than thousands of people sending phones back to them!!!!! Hellooooooooooo!!!!!!

They won't allow a downgrade to Oreo, if you flash it for yourself you will lose warranty. Actually I suspect their "official" fix if I send my device back will be nothing more than sending a brand new replacement with the factory Oreo image.

Inhabitant
Message 30 of 46
Message 30 of 46

Well they HAVE TO DO SOMETHING !! Not allowing something which will fix everyone's issues caused by pie is just backwards . They need to get a new pie out then with the fixes on it like yesterday !!! Its one or the other Sony !!?