account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

One time poster
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

@Spookz wrote:

...How can I undo the Pue update and go back to the older OS? 

You can use FlashTool to install an older version of the firmware. You can download an older firmware from XperiFirm which comes with FlashTool or find it elsewhere. There are guides on XDA and other places on how to use FlashTool. You can flash without erasing data but still make sure you backup your stuff just in case. Good luck!

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

Hi I have the Xz1 normal not the compact and im having several issue with this pie update, main email stops working every couple of weeks saying wrong password when nothings changed, lots of customisation and display issues due go the lack of correct settings ,terrible font on phone, stamina mode being on causes reverse screen by default on sms sending and viewing etc etc camera issues too, no scene selection option anymore , all in all its a joke can't use phone properly which also now keeps going off on calls. Thanks Sony !!! I've been on here and another thread or two posting what's going on and have had no help or suggestions yet . If anyone else who doesn't work at Sony but has some useful suggestions or can direct me on how to flash this software to revert to previous android version I'd be very grateful . Ps: links to go how to do this would be good as it's not something I've ever done . 

Apprentice
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

@Vikuma wrote:

I still haven't got android pie in my xz1 compact 

Count your lucky stars. Try and avoid updating as you can. Awful upgrade.

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

Please tell me how i can reinstall Oreo and get rid of this pie as it's terrible !!!!

Visitor
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

Hi, I received the android Pie update yesterday. I'm based in the UK and have been looking forward to the update, mainly because I do internet banking etc and like to have the latest software for added security.

The first thing I noticed after the update was the washed out colour of the Sony loop theme, which I use. It's no longer the vivid blue prior to the update. 

The camera app is simplified and more logical, I'm yet to try it out fully.

The most noticeable downside is battery consumption. My XZ1 Compact has been the best phone I've owned for long lasting battery life, easily going 2 days with moderate usage. Since the update though, as soon as I open a web page the battery level starts to drop. In fact after a full charge and checking a notification, it immediately drops to 99%. To highlight this further, I charged my phone fully 15 minutes ago, and have just written this post. I'm now on 92% battery, so it's disappointing to say the least. I hope it's just a case of the phone adjusting to the upgrade and it will eventually settle back to the original long battery life.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

Hey UrbanNomad,

Sorry to hear about you experiencing the battery issues as well. I can tell you that it will settle down a bit after about 3 weeks, though it will never be as good as it was in Oreo. I'm in Contact with one of the Sony representatives and I have send in a bug report. For now I will have to wait and see if they are able to find anything. 

Best regards.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

After the pie update I have to go into settings to adjust ringtone and notification volume. Why is media volume the default setting  on the volume up and down buttons when not using media? I regularly adjust the ringtone volume while working in sometimes noisy and sometimes quiet environments. I will revert to Android 8. Customer support are no help, I will buy a Samsung when my contract ends.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

After installing the latest update (Custom UK, 47.2.A.6.30) NFC stopped working. I asked support to help, they advised me to use Sony Companion app and perform a "repair" which is a clean reinstall of Android (wiping off all data, settings, etc...). I've done it, no change, NFC is still not working. I wasted hours to re-install and setup all my apps and restore environment, no change. NFC is still not working. It shows as switched on, but it can't read any NFC tags, Google Pay stopped working too, practically anything that requires NFC is useless.

DO NOT INSTALL SONY'S ANDROID PIE UPDATE, unless you are ok to go without NFC.

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

I had issue with google pay also , also isses when playing online game I play every day!! This update is a nightmare why aren't Sony providing info about a fix when will it be ??????????

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Omg I'm glad I read this I was thinking about doing  this pc repair but I won't bother if it wipes everything and doesn't fix the issues I want . I don't use nfc much as I'm not really sure on what it does except when I get a ew phone to transfer data across??!! Although I did notice I couldnt pay for coins on my online game I play which is Google pay! ! The only benefit ive seen from pie is that casting to my sony bravia TV from my phone now actually works instantly without having to faff about like a fart in a collonder.  Well done Sony ... I can now cast a Sony phone to sony TV , amazing! !!