account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 46
Message 1 of 46

Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

After the Update Procedere 

The battery is very fast empty .. . About 8h

Sometimes when starting the cam with double tap to Power Button the Screen is dark 

The Hotspot doesn't work for my car Golf 7

45 REPLIES 45
One time poster
Message 2 of 46
Message 2 of 46

Re: Android pie update in xz1 compact with many problems

Hi,

I have the camera issue too as well as a mail issue.

Concerning the camera issue I also noticed that after turning on the camera when I want to go to my homescreen, the screen as a green layer above the icons, instead of asking for my code to be unlocked.  With this green screen nothing can be done except taping the 3 buttons (return, home, apps), only the 'apps' button as an effect but the rest of the screen is still green and not responding. Then I have to lock and unlock again to access the phone.

This problem happened only when I start the camera by pressing twice the power button, not when I drag the camera icon in the lock screen.

My mail issue is that it always closes since I tried to access the thrash folder of one of my accounts. I click the app and it closes immediately. But it seems to work in back ground as the notification bubble is updated. I tried rebooting, force kill the app etc.

Sony / Android, please help !

Eve

Visitor
Message 3 of 46
Message 3 of 46

Hi,

One month brand new phone, Android PIE updated and now Wifi hotspot does not work. Devices connects to the phone, but no internet at all.

Of course i need it to work. Any solution from sony or i send it for a refund ?

Adept
Message 4 of 46
Message 4 of 46

Hi,

In my case, the battery drains as well: up to 4x faster than before. I used to be able to get 50 hours out of a 50% charge (75%-25%), now I have to charge it after 12 hours with much less battery left. GPS also fails often, meaning I have to restart my phone while I have to drive. It is awful, Sony! 

One time poster
Message 5 of 46
Message 5 of 46

same problem here.

Android Pie and hotspot wifi/usb dont work anymore, but not with every network (in France).

Bouygues : KO

Orange : OK

Had to reinstall android Oreo to have the hotspot working.

One time poster
Message 6 of 46
Message 6 of 46

I haven't noticed the battery drain, but got many issues as well:

- camera dark and unresponsive when unlocked by double pressing the camera button 

- GPS loosing position often 

- some kind of brightness manager keeps restarting so often that android keeps notifying about it  again and again. Making it impossible to see your navigation (waze) for example. 

I already did a system restore with the companion app, but of course without any improvements. Only being annoyed even more while backing up with companion took ages, only to find out that restoring will take centuries (also when only restoring apps, without media) , which make it impossible to use unless you don't need your phone for several days! (run from brand new lenovo x1 with obviously fast USB ports) 

Fortunately android could restore some things from the phone with my account only 

Learner
Message 7 of 46
Message 7 of 46

I still haven't got android pie in my xz1 compact 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 46
Message 8 of 46

I asked Sony via chat. The response was RUBBISH. They ignored my asking why I had no Pie update, no security patch since September. I asked why the forum was full of complaints from those who did get the update. ABSOLUTE BYPASS OF AN ANSWER OF ANY KIND. STICK WITH OREO. BUY A BRAND WITH BACK UP. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 46
Message 9 of 46

My phone updated this week  and now my SwannLink app for my security cameras won't work.  Sony chat support not helpful.  How can I undo the Pue update and go back to the older OS? 

Pioneer
Message 10 of 46
Message 10 of 46

Hi @Spookz;

It is not possible to revert to previous firmware versions unless you flash the software (what I personally don't advise).

Have you tried to contact the app devellopers so they update their app or try to solve the problem?