account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

Adviser
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

Yes I know it is tricky to unlock but the way I do it is the original from Sony itself!
You've reading this page on XDA?
https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-android-pie-unlock-bootloader-drm-fix-camera/#disqus_thre...
I wonder why Sony isn't repair this after unlocking?
You made me scared, I already had made it done.
Sony has a solution, see this site from Sony:
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates
And it's here where the latest update for XZ1C to A9P is standing dated Dec21 2018
Unlocking my device so I can stop same Google Apps being annoying and I never using is the only thing I want with it.
Punk
Adviser
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

And of course get updates installed.
Android 9.0 Pie !!!
Punk
Adept
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Allright, sounds good! How is your battery life in Pie? I must say Screen On Time is okay since latest update (with November security patch) but idle consumption is still bad in my case...

Adviser
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

I also read the list on Sony Developer which things not working after unluck bootloader, that's indeed to much to give it a try with a new Sony XZ1 Compact of €350,00. So I don't and first try it on a old Android phone. But how it is that Sony can't replace the DRM codes after unlock, they know them all!?
Punk
Highlighted
Adept
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Since Sony is not going to do anything and doesn't take its users serious, I will never buy a Sony phone again. Sony support is non-existent and they are way to arrogant. In addition, Sony decided to stop with compact phones, so Sony lost its unique market position. Once I'll buy a new phone, it will be a Nokia and for my parents as well. Sony, this way you'll lose out on the smartphone market and you'll probably end up as HTC: once amazing, now not worthy to exist. Bye 

Adept
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Still no Sony reply about the cpu not reaching an idle state

Adviser
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Hey Mehmeh,

I've received the update to Android 9.0 Pie Januari 15 after an email from Sony and now I'm on build 47.2.A.4.45 Android-versie 9. My battery is online for 2 days so on power every 2 nights. I'm only using the Sony Android for Spotify 2x a day in my car for about total 40~45min.in work/home traffic. Further more only for bank-apps, 1x month lotery and sometimes a app for an equipment like my Dyson-fan with aircleaning. Almost always still using my Microsoft Lumia 950 for most things like WhatssApp, telephone calls, sms, Windows Central app, MS-poweruser app, wheater-apps, email and agenda by Outlook, To-Do, Office 365 apps like Word, OneNote, Excel, Powerpoint, OfficeLens, ProShot for foto's, Lumia 950 is great. OneDrive where I've 1TB from my Office 365 Home abo.

I'm sorry to tell all you Sony Experia fans but I can't using Android, I hate it. Windows 10 Mobile is so mutch better/easier in use with other Windows 10 devices like my laptops and the cloud storage OneDrive and email Outlook.com. It's sync over all the devices.

There is already a Lumia 950 (XL) working with Windows 10 on arm! When there's a really a new device coming on the marked with full Windows 10 in a special (small or thin) version I buy it right away and throw my Sony Experia with Android **bleep** in a clossed and but it on sale on the internet!

Sex Pistols forever! PUNK!

Mötorhead forever! METAL! 

PUNKMETAL!!!

HARD AND LOUD!!! 

Punk