account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

Visitor
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

updated my phone earlier today to the new november security patch. 4 hours later with phone mostly idling and display turned off battery was drained to 30% 5 hours before that the phone was removed from the charger with 100% charged. Will attempt a repair once the phone is charged enough.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

performing a repair didn't fix anything, battery is still draining quickly and CPU is idling high. how to best fix this? Im running the latest update as stated before v. 47.2.A.2.33Screenshot_20181220-192711[1].pngcore 1-4 running at 100% 5-8 running at idle speeds after a couple of minutes

Pioneer
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

@azakir;

Performing a software repair with Xperia Companion will not make any changes to the CPU core idling speeds since it was a change introduced with the Android Pie update. 

Regarding the battery consumption try letting the system stabilize for 2 days to see if it improves.

Visitor
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

This was just a security update i was allready running android pie for a month prior. Didn;t have the battery issue at all during that time. it just happened this morning after performing the security update. But i will give it 2 days to see if it improves.

Adept
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Thanks for the reply, but time doesn't affect anything in Pie. I do notice a slightly less peak consumption when it's active, but in standby it's still draining for no reason

Adviser
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

hey Mehmeh, hereby the reaction from Belsimpel about my German Vodafone Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

Uit je e-mail begrijp ik dat je graag meer wilt weten over de Duitse firmware op je toestel. Door slim in te kopen op de Europese markt kunnen we je de laagste prijs en het grootste aanbod bieden. Je merkt hier verder niks van aan het product. Ieder toestel dat je bij Belsimpel  kopen voldoet aan de volgende kwaliteitseisen:

- Het toestel is altijd nieuw, ongebruikt en simlockvrij;
- Je hebt minstens 2 jaar wettelijke garantie;
- Het toestel is geschikt voor de Nederlandse markt en voor Nederlandse providers;
- Het toestel heeft een Europees CE-keurmerk en voldoet aan strenge eisen op gebied van gezondheid, veiligheid en milieu;
- Je krijgt veel ondersteuning voor je toestel, zoals handleidingen, tips & tricks en antwoord op veelgestelde vragen.

Als gevolg hiervan kan het zijn dat de Android 9 Pie update op hetzelfde toestel, maar van een ander herkomstland, op andere data kunnen worden geüpdatet.
Zoals je aangeeft heb jij een Duits toestel, het is niet mogelijk om dit te veranderen. Dit is natuurlijk niet wat je wil, maar op dit moment is er niet veel wat we kunnen doen. Op dit moment is het even afwachten tot deze update uitrolt in Duitsland, zodat het toestel gewoon geüpdatet kant worden.

Als je nog vragen hebt of toch een probleem ervaart met je telefoon, meld het ons dan via een reactie op deze mail.

Ik hoop je hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.
Met vriendelijke groet,
XxxxXxxx
Team Klantenservice
Onderdeel van de Belsimpel MethodeTM

From your e-mail I understand that you would like to know more about the German firmware on your device. By buying smartly on the European market, we can offer you the lowest price and the largest offer. You will not notice anything about the product. Every device you buy at Bleu meets the following quality requirements:

- The device is always new, unused and unlocked;
- You have a legal guarantee of at least 2 years;
- The device is suitable for the Dutch market and for Dutch providers;
- The appliance has a European CE mark and meets strict requirements in the areas of health, safety and the environment;
- You get a lot of support for your device, such as manuals, tips & tricks and answers to frequently asked questions.

As a result, it is possible that the Android 9 Pie update on the same device, but from another country of origin, can be updated on other dates.
As you indicate you have a German device, it is not possible to change this. This is not what you want, of course, but at the moment there is not much we can do. At the moment we have to wait until this update is rolling out in Germany, so that the device will just be updated.

If you have any questions or still experience a problem with your phone, please report it to us via a response to this email.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently.
Sincerely,
XxxxXxxx
Team Customer Service
Part of the Belsimpel MethodTM

gt

Punk
Adviser
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

I just discovered that I'm using the latest software on my German Vodafone XZ1C according to the site Xpericheck.comwp_ss_20181220_0001.png

Is this website known by diehard Xperiafans?

Punk
Visitor
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

After turning off the Phone and ketting it charge completly overnight the drain issue gas been resolved as welk as the high idling of the cpu. No idea  hut im happy now

Adviser
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Hello all,

I discovered that Sony Mobile is one of the most open source and developer friendly OEMs out there and everyone can unlock his device if that is possible. Check can do here: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

I'm working on it, because I can't found Platform tools 26.0.2 or older are required. Only the latest 28... I can find so at night installed complete Android Studio, hopefully I can manage it and unlock my Xperia XZ1 Compact.  

I'll get a factory reset so have to start again with install my phone or try to getting a backup on the phone with Experia Companion .

Also I dicovered an update for my device on this site: 

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates.

Here is the laatste version dated Dec.21 2018 for mijn phone!

2018-12-21: Update of Beta AOSP Pie binaries (Android 9.0 – Kernel 4.9) for:

Xperia XZ Premium, Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact (Yoshino)

Only here is kernel 4.9 and I've now 4.4 anyone know if this is oké for me or NOT OKE!

I'm gonna try Android Studio first with an old Samsung to find out what all happen.

Hopefully is anyone out there which can make a program with steps to take in Android Studio for unlocking phone using on your computer and go to the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder and connect using command 'fastboot devices'.

Than finally unlock with the unlock code (I received already for my IMEI) using the command:

fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>

Maybe a very stupid question but where do I type those commands? 

THX!

Punk
Adept
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Hey! 

First of all: pretty shifty reply from Belsimpel. I'm not sure if I will buy a phone there ever again if they adopt these kinds of practices...

Secondly I'd advise you to watch out with unlocking your phone, as you will lose "drm keys" that make your Sony phone a Sony phone (acces

to apps and stuff). Google "xz1 compact xda" and take a look at the page of xda. That's a developers website where you can find more information on unlocking your phone and firmware flashing