account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

Adept
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

In Android pie the cpu doesn't idle at 300mhz, but all 8 cores stay active with 4 idling at 518mhz and the other 4 cores idling at 806mhz even with maximum stamina mode! This results in a 3-4x faster discharge rate.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Android pie battery drain: CPU idling high

Performed a software repair in Xperia companion with no result

Adept
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Come on Sony! Battery life is 1/3 of what it was in Oreo... Even with max Stamina mode!!

Adviser
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

Is this why I don't get Android 9 Pie on my Sony Experia XZ1 Compact? Is this problem in all regions? I'm in the Netherlands and reading that it come to SEXZ1 and SEXZ1C in October 2018 but no update available!? I'm in Experia Companion on my laptop whit phone connected whit cable. Software-repair come up whit softwareversion: 47.1.A.12.270-R8B. Is that the latest voor SEXZ1(C)? In all regions? Or is there one or more places where Android 9 Pie running good on the phone? Is there by Sony already given a date when the problems are resolved? So many questions!
Punk
Talent
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

you have to check it if the problem is there in safe mode too!

Adept
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

I'm also in the Netherlands and received android pie pretty quickly though. I can't tell why you did not receive one. Maybe your retailer didn't sell you a device with Dutch firmware? The problem of battery draining also exists in ultra Stamina mode, in which no 3rd party app is loaded by default either.

At first I thought it was because of the removal of the "keep WiFi awake only during charging" option, which I used to enable. However the problem also persist while WiFi and 4g are disabled and also during flight mode. My standby battery usage used to be 0.1% an hour in Oreo and combined 0.9% per hour. Now it is 1% an hour in stand by and 3.5% combined in Pie with maximum Stamina mode enabled, only WiFi on and all other connectivity features disabled, no Facebook app, no WiFi scanning, email only syncing once every hour, no push services except whatsapp, low brightness, no gaming etcetera etcetera. It could only get worse with normal usage. It is not good! 

Adviser
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

So that doesn't sound good whit the battery using! What is the number of software-version of Android 9 Pie in the XZ1Compact?
I'm indeed not having a Dutch firmware xz1c but a German from Vodafoon. Maybe I'll call Belsimpel where I bought it how to remove all of that on it. I myself don't have Vodafoon and deleted all I saw and could but maybe there is still something more under the hood? But hopefully Sony will resolve/fix this battery draining bug soon! I always has on 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC and all the apps I used. Sometimes stop all the apps at once. THX hope to get the software version number from you or anyone and I'm gonna call Belsimpel.
Punk
Adept
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

That's weird! I've bought my phone at the same shop in January 2018, but my phone does not have this problem. My firmware build number is 47.2.A.0.306. Don't install it!

Adviser
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Clear, I'm not installing Android 9 Pie with Build-no 47.2.A.0.306 and stay on 47.1.A.12.270.
I've Kernel-version 4.4.78-perf+
BuildUser@BuildHost #1
Wed Jul 11 10:49:52 2018
My safety-patch is from August 1 2018
Smallbandversion 8998-8998.gen.prodQ-00197-29
Model G8441
On Android-version 8.0.0
Maybe anyone can tell more about the phone's firmware?
THX!
Punk
Punk
Adept
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

I did receive a system update today with the November security patch. Build number is 47.2.A.2.33. I don't see a reduction in battery consumption so far...