account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Alarm notification wont dismiss

One time poster
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Alarm notification wont dismiss

Screenshot_20180220-103119.png

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Alarm notification wont dismiss

Hi @Alex247, welcome to the community.

It might seem like a silly question but, have you tried restarting your handset?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

The problem persists even after a couple of restarts.

Before the update my alarm at 6.00 was disabled by my second alarm at 6.05 - both set to snooze 10 min.

Now the same happens still happens after the recent update but now added an extra, not deletable notification :-)

Annoying!

One time poster
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

I am having the same problem. I was able to get rid of the notification by restarting the phone until today but now it just adds more every time I restart. so annoying! 

Learner
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Same problem for me after update,  have to restart my phone to delete the notification.  

Sony, fix this!! 

Learner
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Same issues here and i did a full reset without immediate backup and the issue persists. My issue is identical to the ops screenshot. (shows 00:59)

Tried to edit the notification settings without any result. 

Always fixed with a restart, but the problem always comes back. 

Learner
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

It also seems as though the issue isnt correlated to active alarms. I deactivated all alarms last night since its the weekend and I still found a notification that said "alarm snoozed 00:59" when i woke up today, saturday morning.  Only way to get rid off it was to restart the handset.

Does support have an idea of what it is or any kind of update? Can we expect a fix soon? 

One time poster
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

Re: Alarm notification wont dismiss AND Volume issues

Hi, similar issue with me, the snoozed alarm will not dismiss. Occasionally get the random 00.29hrs notification that will not dismiss. 

Also, the alarm volume will set at random levels.

Last night I set two alarms ( 06.30 & 06.45) and pushed the alarm volume up to max. 

This morning, the 0630 alarm came on at around 25% volume. I raised the volume and snoozed the alarm. 

The snoozed alarm and the 0645 alarm then came on at full volume .

I now have both notifications that will not dismiss. 

Restarting the phone will drop the notification, but that is not a suitable remedy.

Please fix this Sony. 

Visitor
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Re: Alarm notification wont dismiss AND Volume issues

I'm having the same problem on my xa2 ultra oreo 8.1. I hit snooze in the main screen but later I. When I'm awake. It still shows in the notification menu and there is no way to dismiss it  Please Sony fix this it's very annoying.

Visitor
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Have you received a response from Sony?