account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Adding/Removing Blank Pages

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Adding/Removing Blank Pages

In my downloaded manual for the XZ1 Compact, as well as online, Sony supplies the procedure to use to delete a blank Home Page.  This must be something new as I see older posts say it is not possible to delete blank Home pages without third party software. In any case the steps are quite clear, hold a finger on a blank spot, when you see the home pages you can swipe left or right to the blank one you want to delete, then push on the "X" in the upper right corner. Sounds great, but does not work for my phone. Any advice?  I am new to Android and managed to add five blank home pages while trying to delete one.  I am scared to continue experienting because I don't want to end up with 20 home pages.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Adding/Removing Blank Pages

@RoseFlorida

on any empty space on the homescreen > pinch zoom > tap on the top right corner X 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Doesn't work. That is why I posted the question - the solution in the manual and the solution offered online by Sony did not work. That "x" in upper right corner had no deletion effect.  I did find out a way, by "wiping" the pages off to the left or right.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@RoseFlorida

This is quite intriguing, could you download AZ screen recording app > record the screen follow my suggestion, as a matter of fact delete 2 or 3 panes > upload the video to youtube > post the link here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I really do not know what I am doing.  I just added a blank page to the left of the home page, and spent a half hour trying to delete it, using what I thought worked, Sony's advice, your advice, other online advice. Finally was successful, but not sure why. That little "x" in the right upper corner does not seem to work. Until maybe it does. What I claimed worked previously obviously did not.  I don't want to go through that exercise again, at least deliberately.