account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Adaptive brightness

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Adaptive brightness

My XZP has those issues too!!

Visitor
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Software, have it on XZ Premium as well, just disabled it and adjust brightness manually , but really I don't have to do it that often. 

At the same time it is very annoying indeed 

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

No change after the last update

5 months from the phone release...

Is this a premium headset?

One time poster
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

The screen brightness bounces rapidly from a manually set minimum all the way to full brightness and washed out colors when walking under street lights at night. This should not happen when going from less than 1 ambient footcandle to no more than 20 and back in a matter of seconds. For what itsi worth, the washed out colors in response to daylight are stupid too; the display would be easier to read at full brightness without killing all contrast.

The screen response to ambient light changes in my 2013 Moto G was better.

Apprentice
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Stumbled into this thread, because my bug is somehow related:

My adaptive brightness stays active, even though I turned it off. Remains active even after a reboot. 

My ZX1 compact is in use for a couple of months and up to date.

Hope something comes up to stop this bug. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Hi, 

I know that's not really the same thing but my lockscreen picture gets darker than the original no matter which picture I choose (like a dark filter added on it), and i'm wondering if this is caused by adaptative brightness. Is this common to all XZ1 compact phones ?

Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

@JulieTr

I think that's an effect added by the Home launcher to lockscreen, and it's not related to adaptive brightness.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.