account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

47.2.A.10.45 - Navbar issue

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

47.2.A.10.45 - Navbar issue

I received system update 47.2.A.10.45 today for my XZ1 Compact phone.

Once updated I noticed one MAJOR BUG: The bottom Navbar is always visible.

Now I see the NavBar almost on every application I am running (Chrome, Gmail, camera, File Navigator,.........................). Espessialy in Chrome and Maps:  it took a big chunk of the botom screen!!!!!!!!!!

it is espessialy dissaponting  since it is eating  the bottom space on already small screen!

Could you fix this bug by restoring the Bottom NavBar auto-hide functionality?  The XZ1 Compact has already a small screen and the always visible NavBar takes a part of it! it is very bad from the usability side.

Could you comment, why did you introduce this issue (always visible NavBar) for Compact phones?

And

how to turn on the auto-hide functionality back?

Thanks

P.S. I just recently bought this phone and upgraded to newest Firmware using the Sony Companion application ( 2 days ago ).  The above issue appeared immideately once I upgraded to  47.2.A.10.45

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: 47.2.A.10.45 - Navbar issue

It's not a bug. It's by design since moving from Android Oreo to Pie.

It's designed to frustrate the already small number of Sony Xperia users.

Sony hopes the users will move away from Xperia so they can shut down the Mobile department.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

You have to change your theme do default. Then it will work.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Install XDA navigation gestures and you'll be able to see more as well as if you have a good sight, you can change the phone screen pixels,  I got mine at 596, I know it's small but you can see a lot more 

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Try to install another launcher. For example Evie launcher or POCO launcher. Works great.

Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I loved Sony when it was Sony which made great phones, laptops and sowtware (5-10 years ago).

But now Sony

And it's too bad..

Sony was a very good company but either it has crooked-handed engineers which unable to write software and make tech devices or Sony has blown away.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I got another problem. Since I updated my devise (xz1) music stops by itself every 5-10 minutes. This issue also happens with videos (and YouTube) 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

after reading these comments, i'm going to stop update this crap