account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

soflware repair

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

soflware repair

Hi 

I am new to this site and am looking for a little help.

I have just done a software repair on my xperia zx and it has failed. It is asking me to retry but the problem is the phone has switched its self of and will not open and unlock. All it is doing is come up with sony logo then tells me software failed. I can't .even open the phone in safe mode to reset it. Can anyone help please

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: soflware repair

Your device doesn't need to be turned on when doing software repair. 

Just charge the device again to make sure the battery is fully charge then perform software repair using Xperia Companion 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @sweato, sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

Were you able to perform a new software repair? Do not have the device connected to the computer > tap on "Software repair" > check the little box in the bottom left corner where it says "My device can't be powered on or is a Smartwatch 3" > Next and proceed with the on screen instructions.

Let us know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Thank you I have got it sorted just a little bit of freezing now.

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problem, i though that was related a battery problem , but with a new one I have the same problem. restart over and over with sony xperia logo but doesn't start. I followed the instruction by Sony Companion, and I installed the firmware 41.3.A.2.184-R1E and still not working. I was looking for a new version of firmware and seems that are a new one that Sony Companion doesn't offer, it's 41.3.A.2.192. How we can get it with .dbk format.

Or what I can do?

Thanks for your time.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@sweato, perfect!

When does the freezing occur, is it when you are using a specific app or service, or does it occur when you are scrolling in the Settings menu and so forth as well? I would also like to know if you experienced this prior to performing the software repair.

Let me know a bit more about the freezing and I'll do my best to assist you further.

@Paolo84Kt,

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

As this is a Global user based forum, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and ask them about the software availability since it can differ between markets and they will be able to provide a more detailed answer to your question than I can.

I will not be able to provide any kind of support for flashing a different customization and so on, but you can have a look at our developer website on the link below.

developer.sonymobile.com

I
 hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Mein Xperia ist einfach aus gegangen und lässt sich gar nicht mehr starten weder per hard reset noch über die Softwarereparatur.

Auf das Ladekabel reagiert es auch nicht mehr.

Ein fall für den Elektroschrott?

My Xperia just went out and can not start anymore, neither by hard reset nor by software repair.

It does not react to the charging cable anymore.

A case for electronic waste?

gt

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Luwa, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

Do you know which Xperia model you have and the hard reset that you did, was that using the volume up and power button on the side of the device?

Depending on the model, you may also have an OFF button where the SD card is located that you can press and hold for 120 seconds while ignoring all vibrations. If there is no OFF button, press and hold volume up and the power button for 120 seconds > ignore all vibrations and connect the device to a charger until you see the battery icon on the screen > turn the device on again.

Let me know if that helps!