account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

One time poster
Message 71 of 340
Message 71 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

me problem solved aftern turn-off->on "Adaptive brighness".

Inhabitant
Message 72 of 340
Message 72 of 340

My phone idle issue solved by disabling adaptive brightness. Before disabling phone idle was at 30%. Then after disabling it redused to 8%. No change in the battery runtime. It takes about two full recharge to reduse the phone idle to 8%
Inhabitant
Message 73 of 340
Message 73 of 340

Solution successful
Commissioner
Message 74 of 340
Message 74 of 340

Disabling adaptive brightness doesn't cure the problem if you want to use adaptive brightness...
Rookie
Message 75 of 340
Message 75 of 340

Xz battery life

My Xperia xz battery does not last more than 8 hours, anyone has this issue?
Commissioner
Message 76 of 340
Message 76 of 340

Re: Xz battery life

8 hours solid playing games, 8 hours straight watching movies, or 8 hours left in standby in a drawer with the screen off?
Rookie
Message 77 of 340
Message 77 of 340

Just 8 hours from the 100% charge, texting, playing games, turned off in the job, the regular use but mi battery does not last more
Commissioner
Message 78 of 340
Message 78 of 340

Battery life depends on usage patterns and so everyone will give different answers. I get between 8 and 10 hours of SOT and charge my phone fully twice per day. I web browse, make calls, send SMS, use Whatsapp, Facebook and nothing else. The worst offenders for battery drain are playing games, streaming video and web browsing. You'll find that some people charge their XZ once every other day, but they're light users. What was your old phone and how long did the battery last? Do you have a strong WiFi or 4G/LTE signal? Do you have bluetooth on all the time? Do you allow all apps to access GPS?
Xzs
Adviser
Message 79 of 340
Message 79 of 340

6—18 hours here. Shoot shows a typical day for me. Unplug charger in the morning when i wake up. Checking mail and Facebook, Spotify in my car for 1 /2 hour to work. Sporadicly Checking fb and mail during the day, some Spotify during the day and in the car on my way home. When screenshoot is taken ive just got home from work. Batterydrain will increase now during the evening when i use the phone more. 

Edit-> i cant upload screenshoot??? Its at 60% anyway.. 

Rookie
Message 80 of 340
Message 80 of 340

I used to have Xperia c4 and I charge it every 24 hours with the same use