account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Visitor
Message 31 of 340
Message 31 of 340

Battery Care doesnt care anymore and extreme battery drain

Hi,

Since the latest software update the battercare on my XZ has failed to work. You can tell by the speed of charging and because the little battery care icon and notification bar message is no longer there.

I only had a system update last week and today, after a number of days without Batterycare working, my phone started to get hot in my pocket, the same way my very first Xperia Z did when they first came out. 

I took my phone from my pocket to check it - normally at this time the battery will say approx: 88% to 92% or so - it's down to 64%!

I close all apps and force stop a few and reset my phone to make sure only the minimum is working (the clock then tells me it's April 1970 - another issue).

Later I checked my phone during a break at work, normally at this time the battery is at 75-80% - it down to 51%!

Again I check battery use but I hadn't even opened anything. Phone Idle was extremely high.

I've now had to turn it off as the battery reduced to 30% at a time it's normally sitting at 65-75%!!!!

What is the story with

1) Batterycare no longer working?!

2) Battery drain being so high, so quickly?

3) The phone heating up like a first Gen Xperia Z that been left out in the summer sun?!?!

Please advise if there are any fixes to the latest software updates these issues swiftly followed and if there is anything I can do to fix them. I can't turn my phone back on until I finish work now, as I need it in case of emergencies while on the commute and if I left it on, it would be dead by now.

Learner
Message 32 of 340
Message 32 of 340

Re: Battery Care doesnt care anymore and extreme battery drain

Mine is exactly the same Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 33 of 340
Message 33 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Anyone still having issues with battery drain?

Here is mine so far today. This yesterday I was on around 83% after the same amount (if not more) usage

To me, the stats indicate I've hammered Facebook and messenger, but that's not the case. I'm in work and haven't been on my phone much at all

Screenshot_20170110-140602.pngScreenshot_20170110-140609.png

Apprentice
Message 34 of 340
Message 34 of 340

My xz was the same. I turn off Facebook and Messenger accounts and now buttery drain is OK
Visitor
Message 35 of 340
Message 35 of 340

I've turned every app I could off and it didn't work.

That's why I had to turn the phone off (I didn't want to trust in Stamina Mode when it was behaving in such a way).

Even with Wifi, Mobile Data, all apps etc turned off, the battery was dropping at a rate of knots.

I don't know if the three compound issues are linked; but, given that they started (in succession) at the same time, following the same software update it seems a logical conclusion.

Adviser
Message 36 of 340
Message 36 of 340

Severe battery drain worries me.

Battery Care didn't work for me much from the start as I had irregular charging patterns, but since the latest update (39.2.A.0.374) I have been experiencing severe battery drain. The phone runs very hot (I can feel it in my pocket) and the battery drops to 50% after 2-3 hours of regular use, which affects the camera usage as well. It gets very hot while charging and now I'm a little worried it might end up exploding like the Note 7.

I was hoping the latest update would solve my bluetooth issues. It didn't and introduced new problems. My latest wish is for the next update to come really quick or some way to switch back to Marshmallow.

One time poster
Message 37 of 340
Message 37 of 340

Facing same issues with my xz. It's darning battery fast and running bit hot.
Rookie
Message 38 of 340
Message 38 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Own the XZ for less than a month

On Android 6 battery would last more than a day, after OTA upgrade to 7 my battery hardly lasts 8h

One time poster
Message 39 of 340
Message 39 of 340

I have the same problem, xz got very hot in my pocket and after totally 6h battery drained from 100%-8%.
Commissioner
Message 40 of 340
Message 40 of 340

Cracking updates these :-/
My mate's Moto G got 7.0 and it works perfectly. He's very impressed as it performs faster than Marshmallow. What is wrong with Sony's updates?