account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

One time poster

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

I've just got my Sony xperia zx just before Christmas 🎄 its taking longer to charge then to go fully flat I have taken the clean up apps 📴 as they were not working it took 3 hours to go flat
Rookie

I too have same issues, battery will not last a working day now without charge. Phone idol and android OS eating nearly half battery. Also charging is extremely slow on any USB other than a standard charger, plugged into car USB for 2 hours and gained 4% battery, would have fully charged my old Z3. This phone now nearly useless for business, is there an update coming or can I go back?
Enthusiast

Plagued by phone idle bug
One time poster

Just wanted to add that I too am suffering from the Phone Idle battery drain, hopefully something is done about this. If I add up my Screen On time and Phone Idle time, it adds up to 9 hours, even though the phone has only been off charge for 8 hours.

Learner

I also have this issue on my UK EE locked XZ running 7.0.

Battery is currently on 67% remaining.

Usage is as follows:

Phone idle - 21%

Screen - 15%

Android System - 11%

etc...

Visitor

Also have this problem since update. Phone idle and Android System now top battery uses, before update it was Screen.

Battery depeleting rapidly even when not using phone.

Sony please fix this.

Talent

Screenshot_20170106-075720.png

Talent

same here but my phone been unplugged for 1day 1 hour and still have 53% remaining so I don't actually think battery is draining it's just the more idle time ur phone has than say the screen time is gonna be more
Regular

[ Edited ]

My sony xz battery drains in about 12 hours if I leave my phone on wi fi whilst at work. thew only way to make my phone last all day is to keep the data and wifi switched off, which is a nusicance but it is a bigger nusicance having the phones battery die before lunch, \I hope sony will address this aissue quickly. 

Commissioner

I guess it might just be the way the stats are displayed now, perhaps they are more accurate and with Nougat's improved Doze deep sleep the phone *should* be at idle more.