account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Inhabitant
Message 251 of 340
Message 251 of 340

Re: Battery drain Xperia XZ dual

Are you sure!?

Now we have 39.xxxx and next update must be 41.2.A.2.199 (android 7.1.x)

Kernel Source:

https://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/xperia-open-source-archives/open-source-archive-for-41-2-...

33.xxxxx!!!??? Are you sure you have xperia xz!?

# update: Z5 premium firmware

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/new-firmware-32-3-A-2-33-any-details/...

Enthusiast
Message 252 of 340
Message 252 of 340

Apologies i put that on the wrong forum, I've been following a few with the same issue.

Yes I'm a Z5 owner, 

And for what it's worth still have the battery issue.

Inhabitant
Message 253 of 340
Message 253 of 340

Found a solution to my problem, WiFi calling and doze mode working. I have the latest update installed 32.3.A.2.33 and i disabled VoLTE. VoLTE is causing the kernal to wake-up the phone all the time when the screen is off, draining my battery. Hope this helps 😁

2ko
Learner
Message 254 of 340
Message 254 of 340

Can you elaborate how to turn off VoLTE on xperia XZ ?

I haven't able to find this option in settings.

What helped me a bit is to perform Factory reset to Nougat 7.0 without the SD card.

This defenetly helped with battery life - phone idle dropped from ~20% to around 15% in average.

Inhabitant
Message 255 of 340
Message 255 of 340

I should be in settings/ call settings, but i belive it's not supported on the XZ anyway.

A reset heled me as well.

Also there's the option for the smartwatch companion app to run all the time, or not.

Letting it run in the background reduces battery life. Still usable, but deifnelty worst.

Adept
Message 256 of 340
Message 256 of 340

Hi All,

I don't think LTE is the issue, mine is always on (WIFI always OFF, because i use LTE) and it draws 2-3% for 8hr standby (night).

Inhabitant
Message 257 of 340
Message 257 of 340

Any words on 7.1? i mean did it improved anythong for those lucky ones who alredy have it?

Adept
Message 258 of 340
Message 258 of 340

I have just updated to 7.1.1, tomorrow I will post the result.

Learner
Message 259 of 340
Message 259 of 340

How to update it? I am on 7.0 and my z5c is useless, because the battery drain. I wish to have back my z1c...

Inhabitant
Message 260 of 340
Message 260 of 340

Like i said, this solved my problem. I'm using a z5 compact, bad battery drain, WiFi calling disappearing and doze not working. My VoLTE is in settings>data usage>three dots in the top right hand corner>select mobile networks from the drop down menu. 

Edit: i just read the other replies and you guys are right, the xz duel doesn't support VoLTE.

Are any of you using betterbatterystats?