account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Enthusiast
Message 181 of 340
Message 181 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

That's what i was planning to do, too many issues with the firmware on here. Can i ask which was the latest reliable MM firmware? 

My wife's Z2 running MM runs rings around my Z5, 

Other issues. . .

Smart watch keeps disconnecting, Bluetooth keeps switching off, video and other content keeps failing to load in browsers until i reset the phone, longer to get to mini apps, battery lasts around 12 hrs, 

Advantages of upgrade, ER???

Enthusiast
Message 182 of 340
Message 182 of 340

Re vanilla, it means using the phone as it was out the box, factory reset but repaired via Sony companion.

A fresh install, but then put nothing on the phone.

(My issue with that is it will cause any phone to last longer! It won't be doing as much. )

Regular
Message 183 of 340
Message 183 of 340

Hi,

I just searched for the

32.2.A.5.11 ftf

Downloaded by a Mega link and flashed by Xperia FlashTool. 

It worked fine. 

Enthusiast
Message 184 of 340
Message 184 of 340

Thanks realised your on XZ I'm on Z5.

I've downloaded 32.2.A.0.305 TFT. As far as i can tell the latest for the Z5 on MM.

Have you noticed improvement on battery? Any other issues. Thanks

Regular
Message 185 of 340
Message 185 of 340

No no I'm on Z5 compact. There is a new version since December. 

Enthusiast
Message 186 of 340
Message 186 of 340

Regular
Message 187 of 340
Message 187 of 340

Great news for rooted users. But it's like bringing you're car to the repairer and tell him how to fix it. Kind of...

Enthusiast
Message 188 of 340
Message 188 of 340

A little worse, I've rooted on other devices but I know if I do of at least one banking app that won't run.

At least someone's telling Sony how to fix it!! 

Adept
Message 189 of 340
Message 189 of 340

I hope someone from Sony Mobile has seen this and notifies the developers about the miscalibration of the values about Virtual Memory and they release an update to fix it. Come on Sony! What the heck?!

One time poster
Message 190 of 340
Message 190 of 340

I'm still having the same problem and the contact support aren't very helpful and keep telling me to use safe mode and Xperia Companion over and over. It's a shame cause my Z5 was working perfectly well before the update and literally one day after the update can't survive a whole day 12 hours is its max life. Congratulations guys been like this for 3 months and still no update. Definitely will be moving on to another provider :/