account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Enthusiast
Message 331 of 340
Message 331 of 340

Re: Overheating and Drain Battery

It was and has been for months, now all of a sudden the camera reacts slow, it's getting much hotter and the battery bug is back. 

I've no doubt I could reset it and do what I did before to get it back to how it was, but im not going to keep doing it, so wondered if downgrading would be more permanent!

Enthusiast
Message 332 of 340
Message 332 of 340

Screenshot_20180111-223923.png

Screenshot_20180111-223929.png

I seem to have a whole new problem, the Bluetooth has used more than 3 times the battery size! ! ! 😁

I'm guessing you can't rely on the battery stats, they clearly lie!!

Message 333 of 340
Message 333 of 340

I read that you want to downgrade to lollipop.

As far as I've read all over the forum and spec, XZ start with Marshmallow out of the box.

Do you happen to have another Xperia?

How long have you used your phone?

Rookie
Message 334 of 340
Message 334 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Me too! The same Slightly frowning Face

Rookie
Message 335 of 340
Message 335 of 340

How to go back

Enthusiast
Message 336 of 340
Message 336 of 340

I took the plunge, settled on Lineage ROM. I used to be a fan of Cyanogen on other devices, lineage doesn't disappoint. 

U get the normal issues with root, android pay won't work etc. And I can't find a port for the Sony camera. But the positives out weigh the negative.

One time poster
Message 337 of 340
Message 337 of 340

after the recent software update  battery of my Xperia XZ started draining twice as fast

I had been monitoring the battery usage before & after:

the major cuplrits are that are consuming a lot more battery are :

1) phone idle time

2) screen time

3) Android systems

4) android tools 

This android tool , I never insalled and seems to have appeared new and after this pdate without my approvals is backing call logs and contacts and Message data somwehere on some server / cloud

Not only is this an unauthorized copyig of my data

Its draining a lot more battery

and it's not easy or intuitive to stop this

you have to turn on the system apps...and there you will find a bunch of andriod system apps running in the background

Mere killing Force stop ain't enouhg, they strat rurnning on their own again

you've gotta uninstall them

but the risk is you mightend up uninstalling some sytem files and that would make some critical apps unstable

so by trial error i uninstalled a number of android tools and that brouhg the battery draininagge closer to older levels

Although screen idle time is still high......and I suspect when in idle mode some sytem apps are running in the bacground

the developer would know and should come up with a patch that fixes these unwanted / undesired android apps doing secret backup in the bacground asapa

Learner
Message 338 of 340
Message 338 of 340

Same problem with Phone Idle and Android System here, mostly. Months and months of many people with these problems and no solution. This is sad. I'm trying disable some functions and following some recommendations, but nothing until now that I can say here to help.

Learner
Message 339 of 340
Message 339 of 340

I was having the same problem and i cleaned the system cache and all my Google apps caches and disabled wifi scanning and Google location tracking activities and it made a big difference, Hope it helps 

Learner
Message 340 of 340
Message 340 of 340

I did some things too, like hard reset, system repair by Xperia Companion and disable google location tracking too. I'm gonna try clean system cache and google apps, it can be worth.

And following these steps, I want download some app to track the signal of network, but it was very normal and stable in the old phone.

Screenshot taken right now. Eighteen hours after a full charge, eighteen hours of phone idle issue.Screenshot_20180313-123406.png