account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Adviser
Message 211 of 340
Message 211 of 340

Re: Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

Yeah totally agree ,i promised myself not to buy sony product after my horrible experience with the z1 but then i love their phones and i saw the xz and everyone saying it's the best ,advertising say capture without blur and double battery life and I'm like wow sony must have improved i love this ,so i jumped in and bought it after a long time of thinking about it and the camera is still **bleep** battery yeah good but not double,i was satisfied then i decided to download the stupid N update now this phone **bleep** not to mention the horrible build i just found 2 big scratches on it's back even though it's in a case ! So yeah waste of so much money indeed.

Learner
Message 212 of 340
Message 212 of 340

I agree and understand your frustration. If Sony do not fix this with 7.0.1 or 7.1, I'm definitely selling this device and heading outside Sony for the 1st time in 6 years. 

Learner
Message 213 of 340
Message 213 of 340

Battery drain is horrible. i never expected this from a flagship device. My HTC 10 with QHD display was giving me much better battery life than sony xperia xz (Dual Sim). My Xiaomi Mi 5 was better (and its chinese smartphone). My Galaxy S7 was much better. Nexus 6p which is almost 2yrs old device still gives better battery life than Xperia XZ (Dual Sim).

In smartphones world, software plays a big role than hardware. Nobody wants a good hardware with this kind of bad software optimization.

Camera needs a lot of improvements as well.

This is my first and last Sony Device.

Inhabitant
Message 214 of 340
Message 214 of 340

@ZE007 wrote:

Battery drain is horrible. i never expected this from a flagship device. My HTC 10 with QHD display was giving me much better battery life than sony xperia xz (Dual Sim). My Xiaomi Mi 5 was better (and its chinese smartphone). My Galaxy S7 was much better. Nexus 6p which is almost 2yrs old device still gives better battery life than Xperia XZ (Dual Sim).

In smartphones world, software plays a big role than hardware. Nobody wants a good hardware with this kind of bad software optimization.

Camera needs a lot of improvements as well.

This is my first and last Sony Device.

Me too...

This is my first and last sony device.

One time poster
Message 215 of 340
Message 215 of 340

Hi everyone!

I've discovered this forum a few weeks ago. I've been use Xperia XZ since late of December. I think it was a good smartphone, fast and smooth. But, camera, display and battery life should be better in a phone who was the flagship of company. I moved from Galaxy S6. I don't use stamina mode because makes the phone too much slower, despite the different levels of stamina. But, battery life should be much better. I mean, I'm not a heavy user but I can't take much more from 24h of usage. For this value, should be better, it needed to be better. I'm use Android 6 for 4 days and then I upgraded to nougat. Sometimes battery goes down before 15 hours. 

Best regards! 

Message 216 of 340
Message 216 of 340

I went out to work yesterday. The battery went down from 80% to 15% in 3 hours. I was running Waze for 2 out of the 3 hours, hotspot the whole time (only used it here and there though), and had several conversations via Bluetooth headset. Is that discharge normal??

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro
Inhabitant
Message 217 of 340
Message 217 of 340

No it's cleary not normal. It's due to the 7.0 update. 

Adviser
Message 218 of 340
Message 218 of 340

I would definitely say not. 

Message 219 of 340
Message 219 of 340

@hunBela wrote:

No it's cleary not normal. It's due to the **bleep**ed up 7.0 update. 

The reason I'm asking is because this is my first Android phone after 8 years with iPhone and 1 year with Windows Phone. So I wasn't sure what to expect really...

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro
Inhabitant
Message 220 of 340
Message 220 of 340

I feel a little sorry for you then. You tapped in to the wrong OS version. Sony was the king of battery life for many year. Some of their phones went for 1 week on light use. But two days on heavy use. Their hardware is top notch but it seems like Google messed up something this time around. We are all waiting for an update. When screen is your main battery user after a long day then everything is alright. Until then curse sony / Google.