account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

One time poster
Message 301 of 340
Message 301 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Are Sony not providing any feedback on this - why has it not been solved yet??? Today, my Z5 Compact went from 93% off the charger to 30% in less than 8 hours with almost zero usage/screen on time. Completely unacceptable. I've had this phone only 2 months and the battery lasted almost 2 full days initally before all the software updates finished. 

Apprentice
Message 302 of 340
Message 302 of 340

I've got no idea what the SONY is doing! 

I don't call it SONY SUPPORT, but SONY.

Somebody up there in SONY CORP should get their off the chair, start to use a SONY phone, and see what's wrong with their products. 

Inhabitant
Message 303 of 340
Message 303 of 340

Screenshot_20170711-004423.png

Turning off battery care and smart cleaner and thdn restarting the phone did some improvement in battery life and performance... Have anyone else tried this?

Learner
Message 304 of 340
Message 304 of 340

I too face the same issue. Sony customer service is the worst I have ever seen anywhere. I have sent so many emails and i get a stock reply. 

Enthusiast
Message 305 of 340
Message 305 of 340

Re: Regarding battery draining and ram consuming

Yes, everyone seems to be having the same problem and Sony is not doing anything about it.

Rookie
Message 306 of 340
Message 306 of 340

Re: Regarding battery draining and ram consuming

Time to move to Samsung now I think, as Sony mobile support and its products are a waste of time and money. 

Apprentice
Message 307 of 340
Message 307 of 340

I switched my WiFi from 5ghz to 2.4ghz.  I have a dual band router that creates two networks, a 5G and a regular 2.4G one.  I connect all of my devices that support 5G to that network.  I noticed that the battery would drain by about 30% overnight, but it never drained when I'm at work, since I'm not connected to WiFi there.  I changed from the 5G network to the regular 2.4G network and it fixed the problem immediately.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 308 of 340
Message 308 of 340

Battery drain due to Phone Idle

Since the latest july security patch update,  the battery and performance have been really affected. Many users are complaining about this.. I don't understand why sony won't reply to them... For me it's the battery... Battery is draining faster since phone idle and Android OS is taking up more battery. Phone idle is always using up 20% or more battery  since the nougat update. I don't understand why Sony haven't fixed this yet..... Come on Sony..... Please fix this asap...What's the point of owning a flagship phone if the user experience is like this....!!! 

Inhabitant
Message 309 of 340
Message 309 of 340

Re: Battery drain due to Phone Idle

Screenshot_20170722-224336.png

One time poster
Message 310 of 340
Message 310 of 340

Re: Battery drain due to Phone Idle

I bought my Xperia Premium about one month ago. Battery life has been great, until today. When I checked my phone this morning it had gone from 80% battery to 7%. Usually screen is on top of the battery usage table, but suddenly today it's Phone idle and Android OS. I'm on Android version 7.1.1 - build 45.0.A.1.229. I haven't installed any new apps, or performed any updates lately. Really disappointed and surprised that the phone suddenly starts behaving this way. 

battery_usage.png