account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Enthusiast
Message 241 of 340
Message 241 of 340

Re: Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

Just a thought how many have you have contacted Sony direct for a reply? 

questions.gb@support.sonymobile.com

I have still awaiting a reply but it is a bank holiday.

Inhabitant
Message 242 of 340
Message 242 of 340

I've done a clean install and it has changed nothing. Like i said, for me restarting twice a day allows my phone to go into deep sleep mode ( or doze) it's not doing that because something is constantly waking it up. Restarting seems to prevent this from happening for a while. I can post some screen shots later

Inhabitant
Message 243 of 340
Message 243 of 340

Screenshot_20170418-104008.png

Screenshot_20170418-122342.png

As you can see in the top picture, if i don't restart, it doesn't enter doze mode. If i restart then it will enter doze mode. I've tried everything and this seems to be the best fix for battery life for me.

Inhabitant
Message 244 of 340
Message 244 of 340

Also M11k, do you need Bluetooth enabled all the time?

Enthusiast
Message 245 of 340
Message 245 of 340

No point in having a Sony smart watch if i dont. Also wouldn't​ connect to my car.

Learner
Message 246 of 340
Message 246 of 340

Haven't tried email yet, but i tried facebook, and they are unaware of the problem, even though i linked this forum in. They recommended trying to use the phone in safe mode. I told them i tried that alredy, and also i did a full reinstall, they run out of ideas and suggested that it's a uniq problem and i should send the phone back for a check so they can try to find out what's wrong with it. Haven't replied to it yet. I just like to ask everyone here to have a look in here:  https://www.facebook.com/sonymobileuk/
And give the a massage describing what's going on. BTW they answered on Twitter as well. I can finaly see the light at the end of the tunnel. But maybe it's just a train.

Adept
Message 247 of 340
Message 247 of 340

Do you by any chance use a smart cover? I've had the same problem with the batt. drainage.

After an update it improved for a short time...... had turn the phone of to stop something in the softeware.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 248 of 340
Message 248 of 340

It seems like the Phone idle battery drain bug is also affecting the Xperia XZs! This is a screenshot taken from GSMarena's review of the XZs. Why can't Sony be able to resolve this? The XZ has been suffering from this for months (for whoever updated to Nougat back in December). Does anyone know if other manufacturers who updated their phones to Nougat suffer from this too?

Untitled.png

One time poster
Message 249 of 340
Message 249 of 340

Battery drain Xperia XZ dual

Hi, 

Im facing an issue with the battery specially after receiving the performance update last month, the battery is draining in less than 7 hours!! While before the update it was drained in 10 hours. Does any face the same? How I can solve this issue. 

Enthusiast
Message 250 of 340
Message 250 of 340

Re: Battery drain Xperia XZ dual

Had an update come through! 

32.3.A.2.33

I'll report back if things improved!