account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Commissioner
Message 231 of 340
Message 231 of 340

Re: Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

I'm on Marshmallow and if I use my XZ continuously then screen is the top battery drain. If I leave the device unattended for long periods then phone idle, Android system, Android o/s and cell idle are the top drains. Is this what you guys mean with Nougat? On MM my XZ drops approx 15% overnight and it drops 5-8% even in Airplane mode.

Regular
Message 232 of 340
Message 232 of 340

What about camera in marshmallows? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 233 of 340
Message 233 of 340

This thread is about "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat, not all bugs or the camera. Please use respective threads.

Adviser
Message 234 of 340
Message 234 of 340

This is the sony Xperia Twitter handle.

https://twitter.com/sonyxperia

I request all of you to reply to this tweet and ask them to solve this issue . dont forget to include #xperiaXZ .

This is the highest viewed most replied thread and this is clearly the most critical issue and not even a single reply from sony. they arent going to do anything about it if we don't make any noise.

This is the only way left. If this doesn't work either. I am gonna sell this device and just gonna be done with SONY for good.

Apprentice
Message 235 of 340
Message 235 of 340

Battery Drainage

My battery drains rapidly

Forum Legend
Message 236 of 340
Message 236 of 340

Re: Battery Drainage

there are already lots of topics regarding this, you can try the solutions suggested on those topics, try to search battery drain on the search bar above

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Inhabitant
Message 237 of 340
Message 237 of 340

I have this problem too. The battery drain is very bad. I've tried all the solutions out there but none work. The only thing that i have found that works for my phone is a simple restart of the phone each morning and then again halfway through the day.

I noticed this when my WiFi calling icon disappeared in the top right of the screen, then my phone never goes into "deep sleep". I've been monitoring this using system monitor from the Google play store. Can you report back if it works for you?

Adviser
Message 238 of 340
Message 238 of 340

Xperia xz, Huge battery drain,

I have been Experiencing an insane battery drain since few months. I have to charge the phone twice in a day. with only 1.5 to 2.6 hours of normal screen on time throughout the day.

I have been crying out loud on this but no solution yet, I have tried every single solution available here, other than rooting the phone or changing ROM. Sony, will you ever fixed this? #xperiaxz

Enthusiast
Message 239 of 340
Message 239 of 340

Screenshot_20170417-224845.png

Ok re restarting, today i had the drain as above when it went down to 30% restarted and put it back in my pocket, continued to drop. Not really touched it all day. Restarting doesn't seem to help me.

Learner
Message 240 of 340
Message 240 of 340

Hi,

Just restarting won't do much, but re installing the OS from the companion software help.

The Iddle Drain will stay but altogether the battery life will be a lot better for few weeks, maybe months.

Then we need to do the reinstall again.

Sadly it become a routine for me and it's fine for now. But stupid, the worts part is that there's nothing about it from sony.