account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Inhabitant
Message 221 of 340
Message 221 of 340

Re: Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

@hunBela wrote:

I feel a little sorry for you then. You tapped in to the wrong OS version.

Why other OEM work perfect with this version?

Pixel, htc10, moto Z, oneplus 3t, etc

Why root user can fix this issue easily?

I rooted my XZ, and not any battery drain, can get 7-10 SoT.

Adviser
Message 222 of 340
Message 222 of 340

Update,

So all of a sudden, without any update, without any application uninstall or install, no settings change, this has happened today.

Screenshot_20170410-034945.pngScreenshot_20170410-035151.png

So about 1.6 hours of screen on time, and still 57 % battery left after 12 hours. 

Its still not normal, as with this little screen on time and not much of usage I should be getting at least between 70 and 80 % battery left. but it still is an improvement. I can't figure it out yet how this happened. If I find out I will write back here.

Please share your battery usage and SOT screenshots here so everyone can get a general idea of what is abnormal here/ what's normal, and if the issue has same severity across all devices. also please write if you have single sim variant of dual sim one. Mine is dual sim one.

Inhabitant
Message 223 of 340
Message 223 of 340

Screenshot_20170405-055100.png

This is how it looked like few days after re installing the OS, and restoring apps and settings from the backup. 

Went down from 100% to this overnight without using it at all. 

Single sim version.

Adept
Message 224 of 340
Message 224 of 340

I noticed that the original smart cover uses a lot of power. Normaly in the first 2 hours of the day I lost 12% batt. power.

For the last two days I stoped using the original cover and have about 2% usage in the first two hours of the day...... could it be the cover that's causing the trouble?

Enthusiast
Message 225 of 340
Message 225 of 340

Nope don't have one, do have the battery issue!

Thought same with my smart watch, still same with it off!

(Another issue, if you reply to a message from smart watch, says sent but it doesn't go. Sends a new message though) 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 226 of 340
Message 226 of 340

@hunBela

The condition you have is what I had till yesterday.

You still are suffering from it. 

My phone automatically kind of improved without any update or anything. hope fully your will also in a day or 2, Otherwise all we can do is sell the phone or wait for the update from sony.

Does anyone have any Idea how we can Raise this issue to get Sony's attention ?

I am thinking about reddit. any ideas?

Inhabitant
Message 227 of 340
Message 227 of 340

This is a screenshot after a bit of light usage and the drain overnight. Screenshot_20170412-072948.png

Learner
Message 228 of 340
Message 228 of 340

Hi there,

can share how to root (without losing warranty) ? 

Inhabitant
Message 229 of 340
Message 229 of 340

One change, i went crazy and disabled googles office, sheets and all of it's brothers. It didn't sorted the phone idle drain, but it drove the system away from the pole position in battery drain list. 

Inhabitant
Message 230 of 340
Message 230 of 340

Same as others here. Phone idle drain came on suddenly about two weeks ago, repairing , resetting did nothing, and then a couple days ago started improving by itself. Not back to the insane battery life before. When screen was like the only battery consumer. Heh