account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Enthusiast
Message 191 of 340
Message 191 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Would be handy if the developer would take the time to make the amendments and create a fresh ftf, problem is they would have to do it for all the handsets, big ask.

Rookie
Message 192 of 340
Message 192 of 340

@kim7905 wrote:

It seems to be a growing problems on Marshmallow and Nougat phones. It could be Google and not Sony fault - I am not sure - but Idle consumptions has increased a lot with the newer Android updates - particularly "phone idle", "Google play services", "Android system", "Android OS", "Cell standby" or whatever they call all those background activities. It seems to me that it was better controlled by Sony on the earlier Androids (kit-kat etc.) with Stamina mode working well. Android Doze does not seem to work as well. 

Bull's eye! 

Adviser
Message 193 of 340
Message 193 of 340

Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

I have been facing the battery drain since the nougat update.

Phone idle is at the top always in battery consumption. Screen usually comes at third or 4th. look at below screen shot. No usage at all, no screen on time. and battery is draining automatically.

Screenshot_20170402-053956.png

so far i have tried everything mentioned in this thread or elsewhere but nothing works. here is the list of things i have tried.

1. 100% charge, Reset app settings. as suggested here. ( Issue Persists )
  2. Reset Phone, 100% charge normal user ( Issue Persists ).
  3. 100% charge. restart phone in Safe mode. ( Issue Persists )
  4. Remove the SDCard, 100% charge normal phone use ( Issue Persists )
  5. Reset phone, No SDCard, No apps Installed ( Vanila ), Normal usage ( Issue Persists )

There is nothing else left to try , i have gone through so much pain because of this. performing all the above tests meant careful usage, when using vanila or in safe mood no whats app etc. I charge phone at work before coming home, i get home and in 2,3 hour or so just sitting in my pocket it goes to 70%. cant expect a full day use out of it. Now I charge it during night and at work as well.

This is the flagship, it is supposed to get monthly updates if not weekly, and still there is still no fix. It feels like just a half baked product. If you want to send a message you cant just go to messaging start a new message and start typing name, expect the contact to be recommended by name, you have to manually add a contact by clicking on plus icon then searching in phone phook and so on, it is by far the worst messaging experience of any stock messaging app so far. I always thought SONY = Quality. When paying so much extra for a device with 3 GB ram, at its time not a Flagship hardware one is left to think that they are paying for the support, but going through this thread many time over last months it clearly looks like Sony's support is a joke as well. I expected good support and good usage out of it,  Thats why despite everyone recommending S7 Edge I went with this device. thinking I won't have to worry about anything it will just work. .But I guess sony is not the same anymore. If it keeps on going like this, this is going to be the Last Sony Device in my house hold. What i got is: bad camera, not as good build quality, not as good display, No quick charging, no wireless charging, inferior and more expensive product with no after sales support. At this i point i constantly feel that if i had bought from a Chinese manufacturer for quarter of this price, it would have been a similar experience, because all they ( Chinese manufaturers) lack is after sales support, just like what is happening here. I really urge Sony to fix this and release an update soon. last month's security update really had me excited, thinking it will fix the issue but it did nothing other than security patching. 

At this point it looks like sony is intentionally making its loyal fans suffer to repel them away. Please sony , I have always loved your products, Dont ruin it for the little Sony  fans that are left. 

Best regards

A Loyal Fan & Android Developer

Adept
Message 194 of 340
Message 194 of 340

Re: Xperia XZ, Nougat, Insane battery drain

You just summed it up like a boss. I'm literally slapping myself for buying this phone instead of the S7. Even the camera which was the main reason for buying this thing turned out to be as horrible as they can ever get. My old Z1C takes much much better photos even in low light. Add to this the Bluetooth problem, the notifications problem, the wifi problem, and the poor battery...it all makes me want to cry. 

Commissioner
Message 195 of 340
Message 195 of 340

I'm still on Marshmallow and if I leave my phone without using it then Android OS/System & Phone Idle are the top two battery drains, and my battery depletes quickly. My iPhone loses 1-2% in standby every 24hrs and yet my XZ loses 30% or more over the same period. 

Adept
Message 196 of 340
Message 196 of 340

Re: Battery draining - xperia xz

@ahmadzkn wrote:

I have also been facing the same battery drain since the nougat update.

Phone idle is at the top always in battery consumption. Screen comes at third.

so far i have tried everything mentioned in this thread or elsewhere but nothing works. here is the list of things i have tried.

1. 100% charge, Reset app settings. as suggested here. ( Issue Persists )
  2. Reset Phone, 100% charge normal user ( Issue Persists ).
  3. 100% charge. restart phone in Safe mode. ( Issue Persists )
  4. Remove the SDCard, 100% charge normal phone use ( Issue Persists )
  5. Reset phone, No SDCard, No apps Installed ( Vanila ), Normal usage ( Issue Persists )

There is nothing else left to try , i have gone through so much pain because of this. performing all the above tests meant careful usage, when using vanila or in safe mood no whats app etc. I charge phone at work before coming home, i get home and in 2,3 hour or so just sitting in my pocket it goes to 70%. cant expect a full day use out of it. Now I charge it during night and at work as well.

This is the flagship, it is supposed to get monthly updates if not weekly, and still there is still no fix. It feels like just a half baked product.

XPERIA X, X Performance, and XZ are probably just all prototypes for the XZ premium. 

The phone is full of bugs. I'm just waiting and hoping that a decent software update would roll out when the XZ premium and the XZs are released 

Message 197 of 340
Message 197 of 340

@M11k wrote:

Interesting . . .

http://smartstocknews.com/26316-getting-battery-drain-after-sony-nougat-update-heres-solution/

Can anyone confirm that this works?

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro
Inhabitant
Message 198 of 340
Message 198 of 340

@ichthyosaurus wrote:

@M11k wrote:

Interesting . . .

http://smartstocknews.com/26316-getting-battery-drain-after-sony-nougat-update-heres-solution/

Can anyone confirm that this works?

I don't use that but:

1- debloat stock rom

2- some build.prop tweaks

3- edit int.qcom.poost_boot.sh (not that values in that website)

Now, 7-10 hrs SOT, 1% drain in idle after 12hrs.

See

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/how-to/huge-bloatware-list-xperia-xz-detailes-t3578758

Inhabitant
Message 199 of 340
Message 199 of 340

Hello, The battery drain is a software based i am annoyed as well, but saying that the camery  is wierd. i am lovin it, and compared many shots with other flagships XZ always comes out on top.

What's your problem with the bluetooth, and with the notifications?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 200 of 340
Message 200 of 340

I think the problem is affecting even the new Sony Xperia phones like the XZs and  XZ Premium. I was watching a review of the XZs and had to take a screenshot of the part of the video where they showcased the battery stats. "Phone idle" is taking 33%, "Cell standby" is at 31% and "Google Services" is at 18%! And I was hoping Sony would resolve this with Nougat 7.1..

Screenshot_20170402-213500.png