account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Adviser
Message 161 of 340
Message 161 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Disable "Android Device Manager" From Settings>security>Device Administrators and tell me if it works!
Enthusiast
Message 162 of 340
Message 162 of 340

It isn't​ enabled!
Adviser
Message 163 of 340
Message 163 of 340

Go to About Phone>Status and disable Optimization
One time poster
Message 164 of 340
Message 164 of 340

You need to release a fix now. Since the nougat update you have screwed everyones battery life. I unplugged my phone 10 minutes ago and I'm on 92% from 100%. Stop pretending it's a hardware problem, admit you screwed up the update and fix it
Enthusiast
Message 165 of 340
Message 165 of 340

Whilst they're fixing it, I've discovered twice now that the alarm vibration continues after the alarms switched off!! I have to reset they phone to cancel it!! Back on topic, my wife's z2, has about the same battery issue, but It's running marshmallow. In her battery stats it's showing android os as the top usage.

I'm now running the slightly newer 32.3.A.0.378, runs much better, smoother quicker, but still FC's apps and batteries the same!

With this mini update I'd suggest they are trying, find it a strange coincidence my wife's having the same issue! 🤔
Highlighted
Adept
Message 166 of 340
Message 166 of 340

So I was reading a couple of posts on XDA and I came upon one that mentioned the Nougat Battery Drain. Here's what member PDesire found out:

"Hello guys,

I have finally found out what does really cause the battery drain on Sony's latest Nougat releases:

Well Sony was "intelligent" again and totally miscallibrated the Virtual Memory Values
."

I have no idea what that means or if it applies to all Xperia phones running Nougat. Not sure if Sony Mobile is aware of this but it's quite frustrating. More frustating is that they haven't found out what it is or tried to fix it. Sony Mobile should at least ackowledge the problem and promise a solution.

Visitor
Message 167 of 340
Message 167 of 340

🔋 battery runs out too fast

Since the last update the battery of my xperia XZ runs up very quickly
The Android version is 7.0
Genius
Message 168 of 340
Message 168 of 340

Re: 🔋 battery runs out too fast

@Bobo60 Have a look in Settings - Battery & click on the actual battery icon, you will then see what apps have been using most battery....if you have recently just got Nougat then it does take a little while for your phone to basically get used to the change, lots of apps will be updating etc etc

Learner
Message 169 of 340
Message 169 of 340

-30% battery in less than 2h idle and requires two loads per day ...#$%$ + something bad on virtual memory in the background

Visitor
Message 170 of 340
Message 170 of 340

I've got nougat since January but o few days appears a new update that have about 250MB size and since than got problem whit battery drain