account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

One time poster
Message 151 of 340
Message 151 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Yeah had the same problem too. Don't know whats the cause of this phone idle drain . I think basically guys for anyone reading this who hasn't updated their phone yet, the best thing is to hold on from updating your phone to the nougat update for now & stay on marshmallow. Marshmallow is way more stable than nougat! Nougat is a total nightmare! It reminds me of the early days of lollipop! DON'T UPDATE YOUR PHONE TO NOUGAT!
Rookie
Message 152 of 340
Message 152 of 340

Battery draining - xperia xz

Hi,
I am using xperia xz. The battery is getting drained lot.

I observed the battery status thrice and I found that around 20% of battery is being consumed during phone idle time which is not normal I think so.

For an idle time of approx 8 hrs the battery is being consumed about 20% when I sleep.

I am not sure whether this problem is due to nougat update or some thing else. Can you please suggest to rectify this issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 153 of 340
Message 153 of 340

Re: Battery draining - xperia xz

Hi @Sirigireddy, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face Can you please test your phone in safe mode and see if the battery consumption is the same?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 154 of 340
Message 154 of 340

Happens to me in the maximum stamina level on xperia X 7.0 Feb security patch, it drains >10%overnight. It was almost 17%once but I uninstalled that app.
Enthusiast
Message 155 of 340
Message 155 of 340

Ok for those hearing there's a slightly different version 32.3.A.0.378 !! I've tried it, runs alot nicer, but battery issue still there, 32.2.A.305 (Marshmallow) currently downloading. I'm moving back, can someone let me know when they fix it please, 😀, not sure I'm going to miss much! 🤔
Adviser
Message 156 of 340
Message 156 of 340

How can you go back to marshmallow? Do i need root?
One time poster
Message 157 of 340
Message 157 of 340

Have the same situation here with 2 Devices , Z3+ and XZ. The Z3+ had 2-3 days battery time at normal use before the update, now less than one working day. The XZ was at 1.5 days, now I need to charge 2 times a day :-( Phone idle >14% , Android OS up to 20% at end of cycle, I have a screen-on time of max. 2 hours a day, as I cannot use the phone more without risking running out of power before getting home. This is absolutely ridiculous for a high-priced flagship smartphone, that tends to beat out Samsung or others. If Sony does not get this fixed soon, that one will be my last Sony smartphone for sure. If anyone can tell me how to downgrade back to Marshmellow, I would appreciate.

Edit: I tried the suggested workarounds in this thread, but none worked consistently. I tried to install the Companion software from this website on my Windows 7 laptop and failed, as I get an error message of a defective KERNEL32.dll - I am somewhat angry no, this completely!

Learner
Message 158 of 340
Message 158 of 340

I'm getting battery drain too. XZ doesn't last a whole day and I'm on latest updates. I'm going to try some of these fixes mentioned earlier and see if anything helps. EDIT: nothing so far...will try the companion repair and update again.

EDIT 18th Mar: just finished updating phone after Sony Companion repair. The progress bar didn't move after 4 hours and when I pressed cancel it said the repair was successful and my phone started as expected. I had tried all the previous tips too, adjusting brightness, turning adaptive on and off, clearing system cache, clearing app cache, erasing system data from SD, and finally repair using companion.

I think it's made a little difference but still draining faster than expected and phone idle is still beating screen in the battery usage page, despite having my screen on for most the morning. Will see how it goes for the rest of the day but I'm not too hopeful.

I also just took the forum survey and left a comment on how we just want to be aknowledged and to know there is work being done. We don't mind that there's no fix just yet providing we just get some official Sony reply. I suggest you all do the same. They might start bothering to notice once the flood of feedback comments starts

Highlighted
Message 159 of 340
Message 159 of 340

Can you please post a link to this survey? Thanks.

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro
Learner
Message 160 of 340
Message 160 of 340

It was a pop up that appeared in the corner every time I entered the forums....but is now gone since I've done it, sorry :/