account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Highlighted
Adept
Message 131 of 340
Message 131 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

I'm just surprised we haven't gotten a response regarding this issue that's affecting so many customers! The least we can get is an official acknowledgement of this issue and how they (Sony Mobile) is planning to fix this. Android Nougat for Xperia has been out for months and still no fix for this!!

Regular
Message 132 of 340
Message 132 of 340

Out of interest, I ran my phone in safe mode today. Even in safe mode, I still get a 'phone idle' battery drain of approx 24ma per hour over the space of 12hours. This is pretty much the same as in normal mode. This would suggest the problem isn't related to a 3rd party app.
Enthusiast
Message 133 of 340
Message 133 of 340

I don't think the stamina mode any settings from it works as intended. I've tried it while I was not using my phone during my working hours and still the battery will drain. Its the idle and Android OS that's been doing much of the battery drain.
One time poster
Message 134 of 340
Message 134 of 340

Battery Drain

The cell standby or in swedish mobilen inaktiv drains my battery!
One time poster
Message 135 of 340
Message 135 of 340

Re: Battery Drain

I have the same issue on my Z5 Compact - getting about 1/4-1/3 shorter battery life compared to pre Nougat update.  Usually around 25% is Phone Idle.

It's rather annoying.

One time poster
Message 136 of 340
Message 136 of 340

Same thing happening to me. Bought new XZ last week, have a massive battery drain, specially phone idle. Coming from X Compact, which is far better in terms of battery usage. Normally give 1 & 1/2 day on single charge. And more surpising Sony havent done anything to fix this issue. I am reading this post and Sony havent taken care for this particular issue for last few months.

Sony, if you guys are reading all these posts in forums, please get it fixed in next update.

Inhabitant
Message 137 of 340
Message 137 of 340

I haven't had a problem since I upgraded on my z5 compact. Yesterday the battery took a major hit and when I checked the battery section it said that phone idle was the cause. After much searching I didn't really find anything. Today I've tried to rule out if it's an app or the hardware. It's not an app, so it must be a bug in the firmware. The only thing I did differently today was disable GPS all together. Battery is on 95%, at 14:00. I hope they fix this soon, until then, keep your GPS off
Regular
Message 138 of 340
Message 138 of 340

Thanks for the tip, I shall give it a try. One thing I've changed on mine today is in the Developer Options I've changed the Background Process Limit to none just to see if this makes any difference.

Enthusiast
Message 139 of 340
Message 139 of 340

Hi I'm having the same issue (Z5), tried turning the location off, no change I'm afraid.
One time poster
Message 140 of 340
Message 140 of 340

Me too Sony. Looks like the phone idle after recent adroid update. Must say, not imoressed with Sony one bit. Bith my wife and I movedbovernto Sony from Samsung phones. Mrs has had constant hardware issues, screen coming away ect. My phone gets really hot. I would have thought Sony would be putting a.statement out making us aware they have found a problem and will sort it out. I am concerned thatbthis recent software issue has damaged my phones hardware. It cant be good for the components getting so hot!