account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Apprentice
Message 101 of 340
Message 101 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Hello again,

I could now try a lot of things, but nothing worked for me getting over the day with a 100% charge. Without the SD there was no battery drain, but also with a new SD card I had the same problems. And no SD card is not an option for me.

But I updated my Sony Xperia X now to a new build which was released some days ago: 34.2.A.0.292. This finally solved the problem. I now can use my phone without massive battery drain without deleting the cache or removing the SD card.

I don't now if there also was an update for the other Xperia phones?

Regular
Message 102 of 340
Message 102 of 340

Same situation happens for my XZ.

Got my phone around last Chrismas and I installed all the update. 

The Battery can't last 8 hours starting from 6:00 in the morning at 100%.  

My office has Wifi so I let it stay on Wifi and cellular network.

I am normal user (email, facebook, texting, instagram, linkedin, google handout) 

I don't use bluetooth and no stream music at all. My screen brightness is on the lowest setting.

When 14:00 comes, my battery will be around 20%.  

It is even worse than my old Z3.

I repaired it with Xperia Companion and it didn't seem to work at all.

The "phone idle", "android system" still take the huge consumption of my battery.

Sony Please Please fix the issue. Or tell me how to revert back to Marshmallow. 

Adept
Message 103 of 340
Message 103 of 340

Glad to hear you're not having the battery drain issue anymore. So I noticed there's a new update (39.2.A.0.386) for some Xperia XZ models. I was wondering if anyone has already installed this update and if this update fixes the "Phone Idle" battery drain.

Visitor
Message 104 of 340
Message 104 of 340

I got the same problem my battery goes down so fast without me doing anything with it. Can you please help me. Battery was charged to 100% and 1hour later its down to 72% and I just had it laying on the tablem
Apprentice
Message 105 of 340
Message 105 of 340

I installed the update yesterday and this afternoon my battery is at 70% left and not 30% as it has been at this time. It looks as though it has worked. 

Adept
Message 106 of 340
Message 106 of 340

@TankTop: Which update are you referring to? Are you referring to the recent 39.2.A.0.386 update?

Adviser
Message 107 of 340
Message 107 of 340

Why do i have such bad luck, i really love Sony's phones and I just bought the xz 4 days ago and got the 7.0 update a voice in my head told me don't install it because just like all the other older phones they are great in the beginning and after the 1st update they so i didn't install it at first and used the phone for a day it was great the best battery live I've ever seen then i installed the update and boom idle drain which is double the idle drain on my note 5 in the same amount of time, few hours ago i got the new update now I just charged the phone to 97% and used it to 90% and idle drain is taking 22% while the screen is on and I'm using the phone!!!! How is that even possible, how can the phone be idle when I'm using it 😔 please fix it sony.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 108 of 340
Message 108 of 340

I'm just awaiting to hear a statement from a Sony rep regarding this issue. I can't believe it's taking this long and we have no explanation as to why this is happening to a lot of us after updating our Xperia XZs to 7.0 Nougat.

Regular
Message 109 of 340
Message 109 of 340

Don't update to Nougat yet

I have XZ and X compact. XZ is running on Nougat, and X compact is running on Marshmallow.

There is quite of battery drain for XZ on Nougat and its battery only last  5 to 6 hours, not when it was on Marshmallow.

My X compact can go for 2.5 days without charging for normal use (facebook, linkedin, instagram, texting, calling, email)

If you just go the XZ or X Compact,  DONT UPDATE TO NOUGAT YET.

Enthusiast
Message 110 of 340
Message 110 of 340

Re: Don't update to Nougat yet

I have XZ , X compact and X performance and all 3 see much improved battery life on 7.0, I recommend it.
I will say it takes a good day of use to calm down after install, but soon after, battery and many other aspects are greatly improved.