account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Commissioner
Message 81 of 340
Message 81 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Are you on 7.0?
Regular
Message 82 of 340
Message 82 of 340

I'm getting about 4 hours battery. drain over night 40% and I've tried closing everything uninstall in Facebook everything my phone was fine till that update about 4 days or so ago
Inhabitant
Message 83 of 340
Message 83 of 340

If you are using a SD card, try using the phone without it and see if you notice any difference. I did the OS update for nougat and had that problem. Even doing a repair and fresh install had the same issues. Tried the phone without the SD card and it worked OK. Put the SD card back, drain again. After that, I delete all the Android relate folders on the SD and problem solved. Maybe that's because some system files from marshmallow on the card have issues under nougat and that is why some people say that clearing the cache works... Al least that's what i think... and now i have my phone running smooth
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 84 of 340
Message 84 of 340

Hey guys may I know what's the battery juice level do most of you mean as drained.? That is from full charge..? Mine still able to reach 12.hours with continuous web browsing, at optimized battery setting..
Commissioner
Message 85 of 340
Message 85 of 340

Or. I Mean in stamina mode and battery juice reaches 5%level..
Enthusiast
Message 86 of 340
Message 86 of 340

you have some problem because my phone juice 2% over 7hours

Adviser
Message 87 of 340
Message 87 of 340

Screenshot_20170115-141721.png

Adviser
Message 88 of 340
Message 88 of 340

I have the X compact and not the XZ, and I wanted to know if also your phones suffers from Google Play services battery drain. 

When I'm in 3g and not wifi, in 5 hours my phone go from 100% to 75% with minimum screen usage (33 minutes)

Screenshot_20170103-125106.png

Apprentice
Message 89 of 340
Message 89 of 340

I have the Xperia X running on Android 7.0 - I did the update right after I got this phone a week ago.

I am not a power user, but a 100% Charge last around 14-15 hours: There are only two main apps/programs draining the battery: Idle with 22% and a runtime of 14h 44m at 1% of battery and display with 22% and a runtime of 4h 27m.

I do not have the Facebook messanger and I inactivate the Facebook app, because I'm not using it. Music and Video I'm only streaming via Chromecast, sometimes music for half an hour via bluetooth headphones. 

My old Xperia Z1 compact with Android 4.4 was used much more, I also played games on it - but with the Xperia X I experienced laggs (e.g. Run Sackboy! Run!) - And here is a funny thing - when mirroring the Screen of my Xperia X to a chromecast connected to my TV, there are no more laggs and games running smooth. 

I also described Bluetooth problems, being not able to connect a heartrate monitor (Polar H7) in an other topic.

I allready tried using Stamina mode, but this did not help my battery. I also will test the tipps given by other users regarding the SD card, the adaptive brightness, LTE, BT and WiFi. Hope one of it can be identified as the cause of battery drain.

One more thing: The official Xperia X Website is telling every one the battery last for days without problems - dear Sony, after reading all the other posts and thinking of my own problems with the Xperia X - this is unfortunately a lie now! - It would be nice if at least someone would say that Sony is aware of this problem and trying to fix it.

Greetings.

Apprentice
Message 90 of 340
Message 90 of 340

Today I tested the battery draining after turning of adaptive brightness, but without any improvements.

Then next I charged the phone back to 100% and removed the SD card and deleted the cache. This solved the problem for now. When screen was off there was no visible battery draining in the battery graph. I used the phone from time to time until getting to 70% of battery. But also this time phone idle was at 16%, that is less than before, but still high.

Klauder already talked about this solution some posts ago. According to this post I deleted the Android related folders, put the SD card back into the phone and I'm now charging back to 100% to test again, if this could be the final solution. We will see in some hours.