account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Visitor
Message 61 of 340
Message 61 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Mine came good after doing the software repair. OTA updates always seem to give problems. Pity google still not offer a proper backup solution. An hour or so work to fix all the settings and apps that don't backup or store settings in the cloud.
Learner
Message 62 of 340
Message 62 of 340

I spoke to Sony yesterday about this and they told me to do the software repair through Sony companion of to send the phone back for repair. Cmon Sony get this fixed
Learner
Message 63 of 340
Message 63 of 340

Hi, just a heads up, removed messenger app and rebooted now all 4 cores open and temp of device a lot lower. Phone was running at 58 degrees now running at 36
Learner
Message 64 of 340
Message 64 of 340

Checked again and back to overheating and core 2 and 3 closed again. What is going on with this update Sony? Please roll back to MM, at least the phone worked.
Inhabitant
Message 65 of 340
Message 65 of 340

Are you guys using a sdcard? Here's what i did to fix some issues:

I had battery drain, phone was always warm (not hot) and charging took a long while (1 hour only charged around 30% with the 1.5A charger).

Here is what i did: tried the phone without sim card and it ran cooler and without any lag for example in the album app when opening a photo. Put the sdcard back on and the phone got warm, battery drain was bigger. Took out the sim card, deleted all the android related folders and files (just left the DCIM, Music, Pictures folders and a few others). Also, as i had Antutu with all the permissions, it would load in the background even if i forced it to close, so i decided to uninstall it.

Conclusion: deleting from the sdcard the Android folder and all it's files, the customized-capability.xml file and something else that i can not remember did the trick. Did a test on Antutu before uninstalling it and got the highest score it ever achieved (+147000). Now it runs cooler, no lags, opening a photo and waiting for the Xreality to kick in takes on average 2 seconds, less battery drain and charging is faster.

Can anyone try that out and tell me how it went?

Cheers

Learner
Message 66 of 340
Message 66 of 340

I'm going to uninstall Facebook and Messenger and replace them with this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nam.fbwrapper&hl=en_GB

Commissioner
Message 67 of 340
Message 67 of 340

It's nothing to do with FB or Messenger!
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 68 of 340
Message 68 of 340

@Sunking101

Could you elaborate?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 69 of 340
Message 69 of 340

There was a problem with Fb messenger... i saw some news fb ceo posted on Twitter but it should get fixed if you restart the messenger ...

But yes all xz are bugged with battery idle bug.. And lately I've found the battery backup to be extremity unreliable
Commissioner
Message 70 of 340
Message 70 of 340

@uliwooly
I elaborated on page 6 and it instantly cured my battery drain.