account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

Rookie
Message 41 of 340
Message 41 of 340

Re: Battery Care doesnt care anymore and extreme battery drain

Same issue here, battery to 0 in 5 hours even with stamina turned on
One time poster
Message 42 of 340
Message 42 of 340

Same here, battery life around 2 hours max. And charging to full takes around 3 hours. Disappointing, because I'm big Sony Xperia fan. Please fix problem. Thank you Sony support team.
One time poster
Message 43 of 340
Message 43 of 340

Same problem batery care doesn't work and battery drain issue
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 44 of 340
Message 44 of 340

Do you have Facebook/messanger app?

I saw many tweets that those app have been eating battery crazy since last night.

Learner
Message 45 of 340
Message 45 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

I appear to have a similar problem to all the other posters after installing Nougat on my Xperia X Compact.

Battery is spuriously draining quickly and may also be related to the Bluetooth problem I have (Another discussion re Nougat and car BT problems). If I pair the BT in the car, I can play music, but not control it and do not have the title info displayed. It then seems to frequently drain the battery after that and the phone gets quite warm.

Today the battery has drained really quickly and I have used the BT in the car for a short while, however have also powered off/on afterwards and still has problems.

I am the same as all the others posters here I think in that I am expecting this should be an android fix to resolve these issues.

I am loathed to try the repair option as I had such problems setting up the new phone with backups/restores and bank apps not working.

Having only recently got an Xperia X and updated it to Nougat, I really am not impressed at the moment. 

Learner
Message 46 of 340
Message 46 of 340

Hi, I'm experiencing all of the issues listed in this post. Battery life was fine before update, now on second charge today as I write this. Phone really hot all the time, even after soft reset. Date and time incorrectly displayed for approximately 4 minutes resulting in error from what's app. Please fix as I like phone. Kind regards David
Message 47 of 340
Message 47 of 340

Like everybody on this forum.. I too am seeing massive battery drain issues Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 48 of 340
Message 48 of 340

Today I went from 100% to 5% in 4 hours normally I finish work and go home with 40% left.

Changed nothing in my habits no new apps just a recent security update and general app auto updates

Thouhht my phone was broke so I did a companion xperia restore on the pc when I got in.

Phone is still the same, bad drain issues.

I'm using a song Xperia XZ android 7.0 with a few security updates that have come through December - January.

I can physically watch the battery % tick down - 1% per minute as I'm looking at my phone.

It wasn't anywhere near this bad until this morning.
Enthusiast
Message 49 of 340
Message 49 of 340

Today my phone got warm in standby, and Facebook Messenger and Hangouts consumed my energy in Standby. But i didnt opened even one of them today.
Its empty in nearly no usage. maybe 6h Standby.

Alot Battery Bug reports today all over.......?
What was or is that
Enthusiast
Message 50 of 340
Message 50 of 340

Had difficults to load my phone, second try let it turns it on. Now its charging. But it realy runs hot. Slightly frowning Face