account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

One time poster
Message 11 of 340
Message 11 of 340

Re: "Phone Idle" battery drain in 7.0 Nougat

I have that same problem and never use clean cache in the safe mod.We expect update to resolve
One time poster
Message 12 of 340
Message 12 of 340

Same issue here. Sony XZ battery drain after Nougat update. Same usage pattern, battery 100 to 0 during the Night. Phone constantly hot.
Wish I never did the update - Please work on an update fix...
Regular
Message 13 of 340
Message 13 of 340

I also have the same problem on my xperia x after updating to Android 7.0 recently. My battery drain faster then usual and when I checked the app consuming most of the juice I found that 'phone idle' is consuming about 14 to 15 per cent.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 14 of 340
Message 14 of 340

Does any body can explain what "phone idle" can benefit your phone to compensate for considerable battery juice consumption.? Is there a way reduce it to the barest minimum so it can't contribute rapid battery juice depletion.?
One time poster
Message 15 of 340
Message 15 of 340

Same case in my Xperia XZ. I think this is the software issue. Will Sony be viewing this? Please provide an update to fix this issue ASAP. Thank you.
Learner
Message 16 of 340
Message 16 of 340

Hi,

Problem still exits and according to my observation, it is getting worse. "Phone idle" is still at the top of battery consumption with %21 (in 20 hours) and the second on the list is Android OS with %14 (same again in 20 hours). I'm guessing every user that made the Nougat update is experiencing the same problem. However, only the ones that are checking the battery status are aware of it.

Could you please let us know what will be done regarding to this issue? Should we wait for a patch which will fix this or is there any other alternative solution that you can suggest?

Thank you.

Visitor
Message 17 of 340
Message 17 of 340

I have this problem too. Please help us Sony.
One time poster
Message 18 of 340
Message 18 of 340

I too have the same issue since the update happened. 100 to 0 without Internet use. Earlier it use to stay for 2 to 3 days as normal use.
One time poster
Message 19 of 340
Message 19 of 340

same here. since updating to android 7, the 'phone idle' has used up more battery than my ' screen'. battery life is bad now. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 20 of 340
Message 20 of 340

Mine had a similar issue, but then after a couple weeks of just the battery draining rapidly, it also started charging at a very slow rate. Then it died three days ago, and I have been unable to charge it or turn it on since. Any ideas?