account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

"No Internet access" message when connected to WiFi

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: "No Internet access" message when connected to WiFi

@anshu18, But it works in safe mode?

If so, this indicates that there is a third party application that is causing the issue. Now it's a matter of identifying what app is causing the problem.

Start by updating all of your applications and try again. If it is still failing, you will need to start uninstalling apps and testing after each one to see if you can isolate the problem application.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Hi there, kindly help my sony phone says wifi connected but no internet access on every wifi connection, even when i put my phone on safe mode.

One time poster
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

For anyone still having this problem, it is caused by DHCP getting the wrong IP address from the router. For example, you will see 192.168.1.128 when it should be 192.168.0.128. It apperas to be associated with ipv6 addresses.  Solution is to switch to static IP as follows:

- In WiFi settings, long press the wifi network name until the menu appears

- Select Modify Network

- Show Advanced Options and scroll down to IP settings

- Change DHCP to Static

- Enter a valid IP address that works for your router

- There should be no need to change any of the other options

- Click Save

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

My XZ wont connect to public wi fi immediately,  it shows wifi symbol with an X in it, The way I get it to work is, once you have connected no internet message go to your home screen and drag down notifacations from top of phone. There should be a notifacation from Android System saying ,something like connect to XXX wifi?  double tap that notifacation and you should connect.

One time poster
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

hello I have the exact same problem with my Sony Xperia XA Ultra. Connected, no internet error message. Only happens at home with the fiber wifi. Never when using other wifis. No other phone/ device has issues with my home wifi either. Phone does not let me save the static ip address. 

Visitor
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

When you are using the wifi, off the bluetooth and it should work. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

I have the exact same problem with wifi. I turn wifi off and on again. My previous sony and other phones work fine, so it is definitely not a router or dhcp problem. Still less than a month in so would be nice to know if there is a fix for this or if it is better to return the handset.

Battery does not appear great either. 30% after 10 hours with 2 hours use of maps.

Everything is updated to the latest version and don't have too many apps either. 

One time poster
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

I have the same problem. Internet work for a while but after ten minutes or so it does not (or is extrenely slow). I can continue to listen to Spotify but not search. 

One time poster
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

User's Hesham4 solution worked like a charm! Thank you!

Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Setting the phone to static IP addr did work for me.  I had to setup the router to static IP for the phone, using the phone MAC addr, enter a valid static IP addr, and also enter that same IP addr in the phone after setting the phone to static IP.  Appears to be a bug in the phone firmware.