account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

no sound from speaker + head phone problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

no sound from speaker + head phone problem

The speakers on my xperia xz are not working when i play media out loud. I know this is a software problem that should be easily fixed because they work on alarms and in safe mode. I just installed the new software uppdate today, but nothing.

I have hat trouble with the sound on my unit ever since i got it back in december last year. First it was the headphones/ear pluggs not being recognized by the phone. I had to rely on external programs to force the sound to go to the jack output. For a time even that didnt work so I had to use different methods to get it to work and now its the audio on the speakers.

I would be really happy if the sound on the phone would just work as it did on every phone i have had prior to this, sony or not. Whenever I plug something in the jack outlet, the sound would come from MY HEAD SET and not some other place. And when i took them out it would come from the speakers.

The sound on sonys flagship xperia xz has been a living **bleep** ever since the purchase. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: no sound from speaker + head phone problem

@Gønnern if the issue doesn't persist in safe mode, it means that it's caused by one of the apps you've installed, as safe mode disables those. you could try uninstalling them, one by one, in order to pinpoint the culprit.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: no sound from speaker + head phone problem

@Gønnern if the issue doesn't persist in safe mode, it means that it's caused by one of the apps you've installed, as safe mode disables those. you could try uninstalling them, one by one, in order to pinpoint the culprit.

View solution in original post