account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

hotspot unstable (extremely) after Build 41.2.A.7.53 (F8332)

Learner
Message 21 of 40
Message 21 of 40

Xperia xz Wi-Fi hotspot problem

About  Wi-Fi hotspot problem when 

I use other devices connected to connect was broke or no internet network, as early as two days have been to the maintenance center to replace the antenna but the problem still exists,did any one know how to fix this problem?

Apprentice
Message 22 of 40
Message 22 of 40

Re: Xperia xz Wi-Fi hotspot problem

It's a software issue.  Sony will have to put another update out to fix the issue.  As I've said before, the temporary solution is to install a different (older) firmware version.  version 41.2.A.7.35 works.  I used Flashtool (you can find this program at www.flashtool.net)  there are tutorials on XDA Developers website under the Xperia XZ section on how to use flashtool to flash a stock sony firmware.  Until they fix the issue in the software behind the hotspot malfunction it's the only real solution to stay with the latest version of Android, aside from unlocking your bootloader and installing customized software.

Visitor
Message 23 of 40
Message 23 of 40

Re: hotspot unstable (extremely) after Build 41.2.A.7.53 (F8332)

Same thing here, already tried factory reset and software fix and nothing.

I think I'll take it to service and ask for a refund.

Right now I wouldn't accept any of the new models they don't have the 24 pixel camera and are the same thing as the F8331, same looks same all... (but more expensive) Right now there are many other brands that do the same or more, maybe it's time to give it a try.

I always use Hotspot for my work and studies, this had been a huge problem, I even had to buy a smaller phone just to get to use the Hotspot.

I have used Sony for years but now I think I'll divorce the brand until they make some innovation.

I have also seen the phone's performance is not as soft and fast as it should be. Don't like it anymore.

Learner
Message 24 of 40
Message 24 of 40

Similar issue on XZs too.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 25 of 40
Message 25 of 40

Maybe only people who use iOS devices conected to the hotspot got this problem. Sony will never solve this issue.

Learner
Message 26 of 40
Message 26 of 40

@voravatx wrote:

Maybe only people who use iOS devices conected to the hotspot got this problem. Sony will never solve this issue.

You are wrong, PC and android have this problem connect XZ Hotspot too.

Apprentice
Message 27 of 40
Message 27 of 40

Anyone tried the latest 41.2.A.7.65?

Message 28 of 40
Message 28 of 40

The latest 41.2.A.7.53 Don't work

Message 29 of 40
Message 29 of 40

Sorry  41.2.A.7.65 Don't work.

One time poster
Message 30 of 40
Message 30 of 40

same, nothing fix this issue. i already updated the software.