account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

half screen turns black

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

half screen turns black

Have screen turns black

There is no pattern sometimes my screen turns in black.Any idea??WhatsApp Image 2018-02-09 at 14.12.35.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: half screen turns black

Did your phone fall? A fall onto a hard surface might damage the display of other internal componentsc even when they are not visibly broken

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

no its not ..  thanks for the response

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@cans1 can u try some third-party launchers and let us know the result! Seems its a bug since status bar icons r fine!! And i would like to suggest u to upgrade ur Xperia home  Upside-down Face 

Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@cans1

When that happen test the device

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

ok I will next time..thank you 

Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

You are referring to the wallpaper cutting issue in Xperia Home. Are you using the stable version of Xperia Home? Cos this is a known issue in the beta version of it, not sure with the stable one. Changing or reapplying the wallpaper is the work around for now. You don't need to worry about this. This happens to me as well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Screenshot_20181011-004522.png

LOL  Mine goes diagonal in different places randomly all of the time. It does sit properly now and again. I don't have a clue why it does it. Like a screensaver type thing. But I never set it like that