account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly.

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly.

You could try putting device in recovery mode and then rebooting normally. Worked for me. It seems my device was bypassing pattern security check and this threw up corrupt device message. Now working normally using pattern security. Hope this helps!

One time poster
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot.

1. this message (above) i got from when my 2-year old had put his hand on it for one minute. It was in standby mode, but without screen lock (which I hate). It was about to make a system update on the next restart, so my best guess is that he shut it off and then somehow disrupted the restart/update process. Now I don’t have a windows or mac computer so i can’t use sony companion which does not work on chrome. And my work computer will not install anything other than what the administrator has allowed, so it is ruled out. Why is the phone so fragile? Can you somehow prevent this other than never letting a kid near your phone? The system updates, which I never asked for is actually costing me all my phone contents now, probably. Please change something, at least find a workaround that does not require a PC, which I believe is no longer in every home (ipads and phones have taken over). This seems like such a fragility, it must have happened to many others. /Gustaf
One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Re: Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly.

I got the same message today. I was afraid my phone had been hacked. It gave me the message twice before proceeding to turn on. My phone has always been a bit slow or weird so nothing out of the ordinary has happened.