account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia xz network issues

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia xz network issues

Im having allot of trouble getting the data connection to work. All my APN settings are correct. When i switch flight mode on and off again, the data connection works fine for about a few seconda then it stops working again. I have full signal and it reads H+ just above the signal bars so to my knowledge its suppose to work.. I have 30gb of data so it should work. Its my second replacement phone and its doing the same..
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia xz network issues

@FRIESKAS

How old is the SIM card? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @FRIESKAS,

Welcome to the community,

I am really sorry to hear about this issue. Make sure you are performing an automatic download of the settings first before trying to use the internet.

Apps > Settings > More > Internet Settings > Accept Disclaimer > Choose network

Once done try using the internet, if that fails then I would suggest replacing the SIM card even if it is new, as a new SIM can still cause problems even if it works on another device.

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Sim card is about two years old and works fine in my xperia z3. But ill get a new one and see what happens and get back to you.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

It's the same problem I experienced with my Xperia z and Xz. The sim card works well in the Z but not with the XZ no matter how fast is the network connection in Z, it fails to connect in XZ.. The. Sim replacement solved the problem..
Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I put a different sim card in my phone from the same carrier and it did the same but when i changed the sim card to a different carrier it worked amazingly wel