account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

One time poster
Message 51 of 61
Message 51 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

41.2.A.7.76 the overheating prob is still alive!

Visitor
Message 52 of 61
Message 52 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

This is not something a patch would be able to solve. lol, just live with it or replace it with another phone.
Visitor
Message 53 of 61
Message 53 of 61

The reason why I spent the money on Sony phone is because of it's camera quality that I believe in, but the temperature rising n shutting down during my Video ING is too much to be acceptable... What's the point for me?... Xz is my last phone after so many series... Sony.. ...just go work on your Walkman.. U fail in your xperia's... 

One time poster
Message 54 of 61
Message 54 of 61

For me it's doing anything with the camera i get the popup heat worning with in 2 minutes if I record a video it will shut down in 4min I get heat slowdowns all the time even right now using Google Chrome. Playing any game slows down and proforms like a $50 phone. In winter it was OK for short usage only. In summer it's always slow. A restart will fix it for a minute or so but that's it. I have nothing running in the background so I am not overloading it. It's going back to Sony this week. 

One time poster
Message 55 of 61
Message 55 of 61

Hello

Overheating, camera shutdown after 1 minutes. It is impossible to use the phone for taking picture in normal condition. Yes normal situation when outside temperature is moderate. Defect and faulty product. Bad quality. To cover them Sony proposes new products every six months or upgrade of us. Finally, we, customers don't know who is responsible. I know now that high end, new product, high price is not a guarantee of quality.

Bye Sony.

BTW, I already complain about Sony quality product to my favorite network operator for action as they expose this brand to other new virgin customers. 

One time poster
Message 56 of 61
Message 56 of 61

Mine xz the same problem too 

Really I hated my xz cuz of this 

May be I will change the phone 

Visitor
Message 57 of 61
Message 57 of 61

I also have this pain in the backside mobile! It's OK for everything except using camera for more the a few mins.. Skype or videos come up with overheating issue shutting down..  but it's OK for movies?!

I got this mobile for the camera and video.. Big mistake.. Are there any fixes? 

Visitor
Message 58 of 61
Message 58 of 61

I just turned it off and I ran the video camera for 20 mins with no issues so far.. Cheers for the advice on the battery care 

One time poster
Message 59 of 61
Message 59 of 61

Recently sent my XZ to Sony about this, they sent it back saying they replaced the camera driver. Now , being a techy i thought this would be a software driver but not according to the tech support it was something physical.

The phone is still getting hot, but not seen this error yet. Will keep you posted.

Visitor
Message 60 of 61
Message 60 of 61

My xz phone is getting worst like ur one...every time I use an app it keeps on going off and restart again. Especially when I'm doing some important work on the phone this is really irritating as I lose all data. This problem has just started for a few months, but I'm already made up my mind that I will not stick with Sony phone anymore.