account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

One time poster
Message 11 of 61
Message 11 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

Think the main culprint is the steadyshot function in the camera app. I experience similar problems when recording video in 30fps for example.

Often, after 2 min, object tracking turns off, and some other function as well, to tired to find out.

But, with steadyshot off, I recorded over 5 min with no issues or overheating messages.

What's also strange to me is that when I record with steadyshot on and the phone keeps warning me about the temperature, I don't even find the phone so hot, I mean it feelt like the phone had a higher temperature with steadyshot off and 5 min into the recording.

I have also checked if anything is wrong with the phone, such as the gyroscope, but everything checks out fine.

If the problems persists after the nougat update with steadyshot video recording, then I'm gonna turn it in for a repair.
Learner
Message 12 of 61
Message 12 of 61

Xperia xz getting warm

Hi There,

Im using the xperia xz since 4 days and noticed its getting warm when it's in my pocket or I'm using the camera. After max 5 minutes of camera usage its shutting down the camera because of high temperature. Do u have also the same problem?

Regards from 🇩🇪
Learner
Message 13 of 61
Message 13 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

Is there a way to disable overheat control from shutting down the camera?
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 61
Message 14 of 61

@sleepytulog: unfortunately no, it serves as a protective mechanism, to avoide damage from heat.

new xperia devices will experience lots of heat from the fist few days since it is constantly running alot of background task, sorting out caches, indexing, learning your usage, and updates . that sort of thing, so on top of that your constant increase usage (who wound't want to play with their new devices?) will bring more heat. once everything settles down. it will have less of those warning and will only be warmer than your average body temp.Grinning Face

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Talent
Message 15 of 61
Message 15 of 61

@nolramlb

Could you tell us in what tempreture camera will shut down?

I think when it reach 55-60 celsius in SONY phone...

But samsung phone Can reach 80 celsius and Camera still working ! Is it harmful for Device?? Why SONY dont let tempreture goes higher ?

Actually Xperia phone has better thermal managment than galaxy phones! I know that. but if SONY let tempreture goes higher we Can shoot more 4k and 1080 @60Fps video...

Emperor
Message 16 of 61
Message 16 of 61

@Thelastofus

So you want your phone's integrity to be compromised? interesting.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 17 of 61
Message 17 of 61

No , i dont ask SONY put our health in Danger , i ask them fix this issue By software update ( if still problem occures) fix problem by using better hardware that produce less heat in your future phones...
Emperor
Message 18 of 61
Message 18 of 61

@Thelastofus

Sony doesn't develop Snapdragon, back to your post

@Thelastofus wrote:
I think when it reach 55-60 celsius in SONY phone...

But samsung phone Can reach 80 celsius and Camera still working ! Is it harmful for Device?? Why SONY dont let tempreture goes higher ?

Have you heard about the exploding Samsung phones? 

As for the camera, check this thread/post

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/Video-function-disabled/m-p/1184333#M280

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 19 of 61
Message 19 of 61

I mean not by much , if sony let tempreture goes about 5 celsius higher it's not harmful for device...

=======================

If sony is aware about this issue why they remove dual heatpipes in xperia xz ?

also CPU is not only part of a phone that can produce heat other part like flash storage ,Camera sensor ,etc can produce heat ...
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 61
Message 20 of 61

I regret my decision to buy another sony, the heat was never a problem when im using Xperia Z, now XZ heating like im about to fry nuggets.

Dear sony, if you cant make us record long video, why bother ship this product. Asus Zenfone can record 6+ hours and your premium phone cant even do 30 minutes?

Shame on you.