account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

Adviser
Message 1 of 61
Message 1 of 61

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

The only reason I bought one more SONY phone was because you have an SD820 SOC now and are using a heat dissipating metal back on the phone, instead of an insulator like glass, as on the Z phones.

Seriously, when I just unpacked it, the very last problem I expected to have was yet another heat issue that rears its ugly head faster than on my pathetic Z2 and Z3 phones, which died a horrible heat death in less than 6 months.

How could your engineers not have learned anything from abysmal past failures?  You want to show that not only Samsung knows how to commit suicide in the phone market?

Does anybody at Sony know how to calculate Thermal Envelope?

Better tell me fast that there is an easy fix for this, cause I'm still in the 14 day period where I can just send it back and wash my hands of Sony - probably for good this time - and it takes a lot to turn away a 20 year loyal customer who likes your features and has stuck it out with early death phones with zero accommodation from Sony while traveling.

Its disappointing because I specifically wanted a SONY phone, but you're making it impossible :p

What is it with headset makers sabotaging themselves these days?

60 REPLIES 60
Talent
Message 2 of 61
Message 2 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

Compared to my Z5 my XZ Is a lot cooler even when playing pokemon go it gets slightly warm and thats it. If it's a new device and your using for first time it will get hot as it's setting things up in background
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 61
Message 3 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

Same here, at worst my XZ gets warm but never hot.
Adviser
Message 4 of 61
Message 4 of 61

No the heat is so normal i have s7 edge and its heat more than xz,,,
Adviser
Message 5 of 61
Message 5 of 61

Ny xz also gets hit, after about 2 min of video recording in full HD and 60 fps, and I got my device when it was released. If the problem persists after nougat update, I'm turning it in to the repair Centre.
Adviser
Message 6 of 61
Message 6 of 61

My XZ also gets hot"
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 61
Message 7 of 61

Mine too has a lot of heat issues, especially when using the camera. I'm sending this one back and see if I have better luck with the next one. My phone works just fine if I only want to make calls and send text messages, but for that I can use any cheaper phone
One time poster
Message 8 of 61
Message 8 of 61

Same as mine. Maybe some one in Sony can help how to reduce heat, what should disable to reduce heat. Issues.
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 61
Message 9 of 61

Williamfalcon, just to let you know i had to exchange mine because mine had a hardware issue that caused overheating. On the replacement unit they gave me i have no overheating problems. 

Commissioner
Message 10 of 61
Message 10 of 61

@n13L5 wrote:

In your "extensive" post you somewhow forgot to say anything about the issue you are experencing, besides the vague description in the post title. So what happened?

Just opening the camera app makes your phone overheat in 2 minutes? Taking still pictures makes your phone overheat in 2 minutes? Recording video makes your phone overheat in 2 minutes? Or something else makes your phone overheat in 2 minutes?

What is it?