account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

Apprentice
Message 41 of 61
Message 41 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

My first Sony phone was K750i 2008 I believe 

Before xperia XZ I used xperia  X which was having same heating problems. 

Now after seeing the feedback from the several users with same heating issues and Sony has no solution for it.   

Faulty architecture and worst customer service 

Visitor
Message 42 of 61
Message 42 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

SONYyyyyyyyyyyy , you don't want solve these problems?????????????????????????

I wish for you an earthquake for all your faktory in all of the world

Rookie
Message 43 of 61
Message 43 of 61

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this helps at all (and sorry if this has already been discussed).

I am also plagued with the overheating issue and have been back and forth with Sony support who eventually admitted that this is a known software fault and is fixed (supposedly) in Android O.  In the interim I downloaded a 3rd party camera app - Open Camera - that can also record 4k video and didn't experience the overheating error and am able to record continuously without any problems at all...  As soon as I switch back to the stock camera app I get the message again after 30 seconds.

If it is indeed a known software issue that is fixed in O, why on earth aren't Sony open about it and trying to pacify all of us very disgruntled users...??

Dean

Highlighted
Regular
Message 44 of 61
Message 44 of 61

Dean, thank you for your reply. I will try this myself and get back to you.

Thanks again.

Matt 

One time poster
Message 45 of 61
Message 45 of 61

Re: Xperia xz getting warm

It often gives the message "overheated phone will be turned off." And 5 min. Video makes a short cut in a short time.

Rookie
Message 46 of 61
Message 46 of 61

Is this using the stock camera app or a 3rd app?  I've been able to record non stop using a different app to the stock one.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 61
Message 47 of 61

I think the 3rd party app doesnt use stabilization (EIS) and object tracking? So there is less heat.

These things are consuming a lot CPU ressources which generating heat.

And I think the heat problem isnt fixable because of the XZ hardware architecture (CPU and Camera are placed too near to each other). So the camera heats up and disables features...

Inhabitant
Message 48 of 61
Message 48 of 61

41.2.A.7.65 the overheating prob is still alive!

Regular
Message 49 of 61
Message 49 of 61

I'm afraid it's looking like a switch to Samsung in new year. 😡

Apprentice
Message 50 of 61
Message 50 of 61

I compared the clarity with S8 Edge and Sony stopped recording video after 2 Minutes. And also object tracking, night video, steady shot is awesome in S8. Phone is very cool even after 15min recording. I was using Sony brand from K750i till XZ now lost hope on Sony a big disappointment