account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening the camera! ??

One time poster
Message 31 of 61
Message 31 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

That's nonsense. I've had this phone for 2 months. Don't use the camera often but I went to a concert tonight and it slowed to a crawl then disabled features as it was too hot. Only apps open were chrome and the camera. It's a crippling bug and the fact that it's still not been fixed since this thread was opened is an embarrassment to Sony. 

Learner
Message 32 of 61
Message 32 of 61

Re: Xperia XZ "heat rising, deactivating functions" pops up within 2 minutes of opening th

I have just revealed what causes the overheating problem to my Xperia XZ device,

it is the (BATTERY CARE) , please all turn it off.

After I turned off the temperature of my device is perfect.

If there is any changes I will inform you all.

Learner
Message 33 of 61
Message 33 of 61

Unfortunatly , It is still overheating, and hanging, it is very bad handset compared to my previous Xperia Z3 , which was perfect.

I am very disapointed with SONY.

Apprentice
Message 34 of 61
Message 34 of 61

Same problem I face horrible and I get only compromise reply no solution received 

One time poster
Message 35 of 61
Message 35 of 61

Re: Xperia xz getting warm

I`m experiencing this overheating issue with my XZ even after many software updates.

It’s getting very hot in my pocket or after using the camera for few minutes and start warning me that the device getting worm and the camera will shut off, and it`s halting many times during daily use.

Even it's getting very hot if the surrounding ambient is hot. it’s getting hot in my hand if I’m walking in the sun. I thing SONY is using a Heat absorbing materials instead of heat discharge.

I was having EXPERIA Z3 and it was performing better than the XZ.

One time poster
Message 36 of 61
Message 36 of 61

I regretted too. This XZ really when it comes to temperature management. Almost within minutes it will deactivate to cool off. 

Message 37 of 61
Message 37 of 61

Sony, hear us now! Sony employees now need to solve these overheating and hanging problems. You can accomplish this if it is not too difficult.. Make us happy now! That's all I want...

Highlighted
Message 38 of 61
Message 38 of 61

Follow this to downgrade to marshmallow- https://youtu.be/J1USU0t8pJo

Regular
Message 39 of 61
Message 39 of 61

I'm currently experiencing exactly the same issues with my XZ. Not only does the phone overheat and functions reduced the Camera completely shuts down after 4 minutes use in video recording the battery then depletes rather quickly for my liking. 

I've twice done a software repair however after the last one my phones pops messages up that apps have stopped working. 

I think a Sony repair is on the cards as it's getting me down now to be honest. My last 3 phones have been Sony, looks like change to Samsung is gonna happen too. 

Regular
Message 40 of 61
Message 40 of 61

Sent my phone to Sony after 3 software repairs. 

Phone returned with No Fault found, I repeat No Fault found! 

The phone still overheats, video camera has functions disabled due to device heat and shuts down. 

After 6 Sony years time to change over to Samsung me thinks.......