account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ low sound

Learner
Message 81 of 89
Message 81 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

I have the same issue.

Occured after the upgrade to oreo.

seems that the upper spear do not work on loud speaker.

before upgarade all worked fine.

Please help resolve that!

Learner
Message 82 of 89
Message 82 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ low sound

OK,

I figured a work around.

Installing one of the sound boost softwares, than putting all into maximal volume.

and than just uninstall the sound boost up.

issue is solved and upper speaker is working again on ringtone....

I am gussing that there is a hidden control in the oreo that needs to brought up///

Regular
Message 83 of 89
Message 83 of 89

Where to find sound boost softwares???

One time poster
Message 84 of 89
Message 84 of 89

I am only new to having an android mobile phone and I chose the XZ mainly for the brilliant camera. However I am disappointed with the volume of sound on this phone. What’s the point in having a smartphone, access to great apps, take amazing pics if you can’t hear the ringtone to answer calls. The audio speaker/hands free is also too quiet and has to be within 20cm to listen or be heard by the caller. Bizarrely, the keypad tones are loud and distinct enough to wake my deaf dog. What is going on with the sound Sony?

I am now on a hunt to find a louder ringtone or external software to resolve the lack of volume during phone calls. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

One time poster
Message 85 of 89
Message 85 of 89

I got xperia xz for my wife and the volume started getting very low quickly. a reset fixed it for a few weeks and then it slowly started awfully low. Is hardware or software problem? She has only had the phone for 4 months.

One time poster
Message 86 of 89
Message 86 of 89

Wow Sony, great advice to use the volume buttons. I bet no one thought of that solution. 🤣 I had this issue I couldn't hear phone calls using speaker phone and playing video without headphones was impossible. I did a hard reset (holding the power and volume button) now it seems better but is still a bit quiet 🤫

One time poster
Message 87 of 89
Message 87 of 89

I just read around 70/80 people complaining about the same low volume issue I see with XZ and a few representatives evading the issue. If there is something worse than the issue itself, is the company not acknowledging the problem... 

The device is capable to process sound (no doubt about that), maybe the chosen speakers for this device are not up to the task? If they are, please INCREASE the max volume in your next update. Probably just some lines at audio_effects.conf file, no big deal. Would you? Thanks in advance 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 88 of 89
Message 88 of 89

Yeah!

One time poster
Message 89 of 89
Message 89 of 89

T0-day is January 19, 2019

I there a solution to the HUGE problem of very low volume from Xperia z3 compact speakers?