account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ low sound

Talent
Message 71 of 89
Message 71 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ low sound

I agree ... i wish Sony had a better way to interact with them directly and address our concerns

Adviser
Message 72 of 89
Message 72 of 89

I gave up on my Xperia for music in the end and went back to my old Sony MP3 player. Cant believe I was duped in to spending so much by Sony sales staff in their store, never again.

I only ever listen with headphones on, the best volume I can get means turning of the Hi Res option, which was its main attraction over a cheaper Sony phone.

Looking at the new HTCs now, they seem to have really worked on their phones as a music player and Ive been able to actually try one out in the store.

Learner
Message 73 of 89
Message 73 of 89

Re: Low Speaker Volume

Hi

It's very common and there seems to be miscommunication with advisor's because the response is to compare and compare. That's fine but just on a general real level the phone sounds quality is poor!

Learner
Message 74 of 89
Message 74 of 89

Hi

So what you saying is that of the device itself is the same in comparison to others then the issue is that Sony has made a premium device with bad sound quality and output, keeping in mind that Sony is a giant in electronics and this would reflect on its other products. 

So we should just zip it and accept the 'intended' quality derivative? 

Learner
Message 75 of 89
Message 75 of 89

Hi

Thanks for this post, I will give it a try. 

Apprentice
Message 76 of 89
Message 76 of 89

I resently buy my XZ I shocked from the sound level in the phone and music sound on handfree my brother tell me to buy Samsung s8 I assist to buy XZ now I totally disappointed.

Try to fix this SONY

Adviser
Message 77 of 89
Message 77 of 89

do you feel like distortion at full volume in some songs? or is it mine only. XZs

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 78 of 89
Message 78 of 89

I not.Yust not loud sound.

One time poster
Message 79 of 89
Message 79 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

LOL!

I had the same issue and after seeing your edit about the plastic cover being left on...

I too left the plastic cover on, as I was awaiting a screen protector but I barely hear the phone making any noise. 

Cut a strip across the plastic so that the speaker was exposed. Much better now!

Talent
Message 80 of 89
Message 80 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

Ive had the same issue with my XZ since I bought it. I had the Z3 before and it was a lot louder!

TINA
--❌--