account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ low sound

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 89
Message 21 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ low sound

I understand what you mean, however I'm afraid I can only refer you to compare the volume levels to a different XZ. A common way to do so is to visit a retailer which carries the model and ask them to see if they'll let compare.

Should the volume levels be on par with each other, then there is likely nothing wrong with your specific device. However, if  you suspect that something may be wrong then I recommend that you get in touch with your Local support in order to have the device examined at a service center. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 22 of 89
Message 22 of 89

I feel the xz is more than adequate and on part with z5, X volume levels.
Audio can be boosted by enabling dynamic normaliser

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 23 of 89
Message 23 of 89

Mine is also not very loud when playing music. Slightly frowning Face call volume is OK but when you place call on speaker it's pathetic
Visitor
Message 24 of 89
Message 24 of 89

@92.. Yes I am facing the same problem, loudspeaker at the lower end of mobile isnt working properly on my xz, I checked it playing song and covering both the speakers alternatively, earlier it was fine..gotta check with local support
Adviser
Message 25 of 89
Message 25 of 89

You have to much Xperia XZ with this problem,so make it software update,and this is it!

Commissioner
Message 26 of 89
Message 26 of 89

The speaker volume seems to be all over the place. When watching a video on social media and most sites it is way too low even on full volume yet when playing music the speakers are very loud. Most odd.
Commissioner
Message 27 of 89
Message 27 of 89

So sony still hasnt fixed this problem since the z3?
I think the only people satisfied, are the ones that have got used to the low volume problem.
Again...its worth reading the forums of the fone you are thinking of getting before actually getting it.
Sorry
Apprentice
Message 28 of 89
Message 28 of 89

I can probably compare with another XZ. But the speaker volume while on a voice or a video call is pathetic. Forget about high volume, its not even decent. There's absolutely no need to even compare this particular thing with another phone. I have to attach my ear to the speaker to hear anything on the speaker mode. I only can have any video calls with the help of earphones, otherwise can't hear anything. SONY better fix this soon please. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 89
Message 29 of 89

Hello everyone,

If you had the opportunity to compare your Xperia XZ to a different one to see if they vary in volume levels but they sound the same, then there is likely nothing wrong with your device.

However, I will forward your opinions regarding the volume level internally as user feedback since I can see that it is a feature many of you are fond of! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 89
Message 30 of 89

Thanks @Emir, But I dont think I can compare this feature as the phones in the store wont have any video calling apps installed. If I find another XZ user I may get lucky to compare. But as I said earlier as well, the volume is too low to even think of comparing. Even the speaker volume for ringtones and songs is not great. So, i just wish SONY sorts this out as you see even this thread is getting many replies. A good company will start noticing this and get a fix soon. I hope SONY is still good. 

Thanks.