account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ low sound

Adviser
Message 5 of 89
Message 5 of 89

Xperia XZ low sound

Xperia XZ low sound

88 REPLIES 88
Visitor
Message 1 of 89
Message 1 of 89

Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

Hi, all.  My mom just got her Xperia XZ, and she noticed that the loudspeaker was actually very soft.  We had ringtone/media volume at max, and yet we can't hear the ringtone at all in outdoor environment.  It was totally different from her Xperia Z2.

Just wondering if any of you here have this problem?  Or is this an isolated issue pertaining to her unit only?

Learner
Message 2 of 89
Message 2 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

I agree. I come from z3. Speaker volume is much lower. Hope they fix this, because i hardly hear the phone ringing when i am outside.
Visitor
Message 3 of 89
Message 3 of 89

@Warar wrote:
I agree. I come from z3. Speaker volume is much lower. Hope they fix this, because i hardly hear the phone ringing when i am outside.

I just came back from our local Xperia service center.  Apparently not all XZ units are like this because their display set sure was loud at max volume.  Not as loud as my mom's old Z2, but definitely acceptable still. I can hear it ring even when they were blasting their Sony TV next to the service center.  My friend who also bought a pre-launch XZ unit said his phone's ringtone was decently loud.

Even the CSO was surprised by how soft the loudspeaker was when she heard the ringtone of my mom's XZ.  Her manager finally agreed to a one-for-one exchange after some discussion (they initially insisted on sending it to repair), but they said they do not have the stock for XZ at the moment, as the stocks will only come in two days later, in prep for weekend's launch.  They promised to call me once stock arrives.

So I guess you should also head to your service center to see if you can get it replaced as well.  

One time poster
Message 4 of 89
Message 4 of 89

I have the same issue. Apparently, the sound comes out from the back(above the xperia logo) of the phone instead of the 2 speakers it intended to. Tried it in safe mode/normal mode and is the same. This is a manfacture defect, not software issue.

I have a Z2 which has the same top and bottom speaker and I can clearly hear the sound coming out of the speakers instead of the back.

Edit: Looks like I did not peeled off the plastic film that comes with the phone as I do not plan on using the phone yet and it muted the volume. After I removed it, it is significantly louder but still quite soft. 

Message 6 of 89
Message 6 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ

Can you elaborate at all.
Also,you may find more answers to your XZ questions in the XZ board.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 89
Message 7 of 89

Re: Xperia XZ low sound

Hi @marinac,

As mentioned by @viridis it would make it easier for me to assist you if you could elaborate on what you mean. Where are you experiencing a low sound? Is it during media playback, during calls or notifications? Also, have you tried raising the volume? You can raise the volume by using the volume buttons on the right hand side of your device or under Settings > Sound & notification > Volume tab.

Let me know some more details and I'll gladly assist you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 89
Message 8 of 89

OMG what you think that I am some?
I have it all flagships from Sony since Ericsson,and yes,you know what I think...
It is low sound on maximum in notification,in upcoming call,in media playback, and like speakerphone...Lower then on Xperia Z2,Z3,and Z5!!!Fix it!!
Also,you have it so much noice when you zooming photos,much more than on Z5,and when you use zoom it is slower,than on Z5...
Thank you and fix it...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 89
Message 9 of 89

It is hard for me to interpret if the sound of your device is lower than intended, since sound is something an individual perceives. I recommend that you, if you have the possibility to do so, try to compare the maximum volume of your XZ to a different XZ. You can do this by for example visiting a retailer which carries this model or if you know someone with the same model. If they sound the same on the max volume setting, then your device works as intended.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 10 of 89
Message 10 of 89

No need to be rude to someone trying to assist you.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.