account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ headphone jack malfunction

Visitor
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Sony xz headphones jack not recognized

The funny part is: it was working with a regular headphones, but since i have plugged a new one with mic, now only works with these ones... 

Visitor
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

Ok, I thought a xperia restore could solve the issue, due to a misconfiguration or something... and it really worked out.

I restore the phone and now with both headphones (with/without mic) everything is ok.

One time poster
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Having the same problem with both so you wireless headphones and my Sony sports over ear plugs, the music event starts and then stops again. I have found a couple of work arounds by pulling the jack in and out but this will ultimately ruin the socket. I tried Sony support, what a waste of time, they told me to perform a factory reset which did nothing at all except annoy me greatly by having to reset all settings again. 

One time poster
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

Re: Xperia XZ headphone jack malfunction

I have the same exact problem and it's the worst thing ever, I hate it so much, but I can't even use headphones anymore, some people said to use a headphone app called wizdroid... that didn't work, so I used an app called smart key, by Sony. Thank you, it works fine until i got Bose earbuds and now I can't listen to anything on these new earbuds, please do something or else I'm going to get a new phone, I'm really sorry but this is not ok.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

I've had the same problem since yesterday. 

I've been using Sony headphones since I've bought the xz, and suddenly the phone won't accept the headphones. They've been working perfect otherwise. 

One time poster
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

I had the same problem. At the end I could fix it by cleaning the port with compressed air. You can buy a can from Amazon. They're usually used to clean computer parts, so I don't think you can damage the device but I'm no expert. 

One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

currently experiencing the same issue! disconnect after 5secs. how long has this been an issue from xz users? beats earplugs work on my dell laptop but not in my xz

One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

Thank you!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

I have been using a pair of Sony Ex 650-AP earphones,for my sony xz, which I have been using for 2 months, (great earphones with inline mic), last saturday they just stopped working , at that stage I had NOT done the december upgrade for my phone. I tried removing headphones and reinserting but still didnt work, I also tried rebooting phone but that didnt help either.However when I plugged the sonys into my home computer they worked fine I later tried a pair of Sennheisers CX-300s in my phone,that only have one bud functional which worked fine .I have since done the December upgrade for android 8 but the Sony 650s still dont work in my phone.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

I figured it out, I too faced this problem after updating my phone, I never realised so much different type of heaphone jack,TS, TRS AND TRRS the one the work is TRRS for xz now for some reason. So yeah you need a new cable. TRRS HEAPHONE JACK. Cheap on ebay.