account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ have metal frame or polycarbonate?

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Xperia XZ have metal frame or polycarbonate?

Hi all, I received information today that the frame of Xperia XZ is made from nylon.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

That's sexy then😊
Adviser
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

Good job remembering all that  Slightly smiling Face

Sadly, the thing about fingerprints doesn't actually seem to work.

I've had mine for 2 hours and its got finger prints all over the back - even though my hands are generally dry to the touch and not sweaty.

Not too bad though.

The important part is, that Aluminum is a good heat conductor - unlike previously used glass and plastic backs, which certainly didn't help with the overheating problems on various Z phones.

These phones shouldn't overheat with that big aluminum slab in the back. Though my camera causes "heat rising, functions are being disabled" messages to pop up within 2 minutes Slightly frowning Face

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

Probably less resistant that Z5 frame. Reported result of a XZ drop: 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/help/sexy-durable-t3485665

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

Why not lanyard suport,why Sony?
Apprentice
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

Is there a chance of the colour peeled off from the long time usage of a sweat hand? It happened with the old galaxys S5 the "metal colour" peeled off
Commissioner
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

I'm worried about that too. I'm wanting to use a flip case but I'm worried the plastic 'bumper' case that holds the phone will rub away the paint.
Talent
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

Xperia XZ frame

Why did Sony ditch the aluminium frame? I've had my phone since October and it has screen protector and case on but the left side of the frame has several marks all the way down, probably the paint coming off!!! Paid a lot of money for this device
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

And aluminium doesn't mark?
I've had mine for a while and don't have a mark on the polycarbonate, similarly I had Z5 premium a week and the side panel was scratched.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

Well considering I had my Z5 for a year in a similar case with not a mark on the frame then yes aluminium doesn't mark as much as this plastic crap.