account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

As stated in the title! When I used a certified quick charger with my phone, I do get a little orange light indicating that it is charging however on the lock screen there is no text saying that it is "quick charging" or "fast charging"... infact it doesn't even show the word "charging".. also the battery icon in the notification bar shows no indication of charging... But if I use a normal charger it does say that it is "charging"... Is this normal behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

Hi @Monzur2101,

Glad to hear that you decided to get the Xperia XZ. Slightly smiling Face

According to the information I have, even if you charge your Xperia device using a Quick Charger that is Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 compatible, the text "Charging" is displayed on the lock screen. The same text is displayed when you use a regular charger.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

may I ask is the charger bought from sony? or a sony quick charger product? or is it a third party manufacturer?

also try to change to a default preinstalled theme, restart your device and see if there is an indication on the lockscreen of charging?

also try while you are in safe mode

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

yupp it's the Sony Quick Charger UCH12W! I have double checked that my phone does support QC 3.0, and therefore made the purchase to get this charger since my phone didn't already come supplied with one. Also I didn't theme my Sony phone, it is using the out if the box theme, just with a different wallpaper. Nope, no indication despite restarting, I only get the indication when using the normal charger, but not the quick charger. I've tried safe mode, still the same issue... perhaps a firmware update will resolve it?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Monzur2101,

Glad to hear that you decided to get the Xperia XZ. Slightly smiling Face

According to the information I have, even if you charge your Xperia device using a Quick Charger that is Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 compatible, the text "Charging" is displayed on the lock screen. The same text is displayed when you use a regular charger.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Alright, I'll look into it and see if a reboot will help! thank you! It's a great phone and optimisation is unparalleled
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@Monzur2101

You're welcome! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Xperia XZ. Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

What is the procedure to obtain a confirmation from the device that it is quick charging and at what level (2,3)?

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

You could try to use the app called ampere from google play store.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

the phone itself doesn't state whether it is fast charging or just charging normal speeds... which is not good imo.. the phone does support QC 3.0 however when used with a QC 3.0 charger it still only says "charging".. they should release an update to show a difference in charging speeds
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Monzur2101 I see your point and I can forward this as user feedback. Meanwhile, if you need to verify the charging current there are some apps that allows you to do this as @alexdon mentioned above.